PL/SQL Java Software Engineers
- Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Pictet Technologies SA
- 14 sept. 18
In just two years, Pictet Technologies, the Pictet Group’s software factory based at the heart of the Esch-Belval district, has developed a unique concept. We have established ourselves as a group of strongly rooted, agile professionals, with a long-term vision and a sense of commitment. And, our team have just named us Luxembourg’s Best Workplace 2018 in the medium-size company category. The award is an acknowledgement of the company’s open, team-driven and innovative culture.
As Pictet Technologies continues to grow, we are now looking at building a new team of 4 PL/SQL – Java Software Engineers to support our funds management experts.
In this context, your mission will be to:
- Deliver shippable features as part of a dedicated Scrum team
- Suggest, influence, develop and implement innovative solutions to improve and enrich our software solution portfolio
- Depending on your experience, accompany and coach junior developers in your area of expertise
Our ideal candidates should have the following attributes:
- Advanced degree in software engineering coupled with relevant professional experience
- Proven experience of RDBMS model, Oracle Database and PL-SQL development
- Basic knowledge of WinDev a plus
- Excellent understanding of Oracle objects, system objects included
- Good grasp on core Java language, object-oriented design & development and general web-based development
- Ideally experience in the financial and/or funds administration industry
- Keen interest in both front-end and back-end developments
- Experience in writing unit test, mock services and data mocking to produce software quality.
- Knowledge of industrial software development tools and practices such as:
Git, Jira, Confluence, refactoring, continuous integration, Docker-based deployment, …
- An agile mindset. It’s not a buzzword: it's about collaborating, growing together, supporting younger team members, intellectual humility, a strong desire to learn, comfortable with code reviews
- True team spirit because teamwork is at the heart of everything we do
- Fluency in French is a must along with a good grasp of English
In addition to solid technical knowledge and experience, we are looking for passionate individuals with a well-rounded personality and a good sense of humour: we don’t compromise on these.
What we offer
- A working culture fostering collaboration, professional development and learning opportunities
- Top-notch technologies and premium hardware
- An opportunity to work and grow alongside inspiring individuals
- A room for opened and meaningful discussions
- A safe place to share and promote your ideas and vision
- Lifestyle in line with the tech world: state of the art facilities, flat organization
- Flexitime, part-time opportunities
- Non-negotiable values: excellence, integrity, respect, fun
Limited travel required. A valid work permit for Luxembourg is required.
If you are passionate about software development and want to join at the beginning of the journey, get in touch and contact us via jobs.lu.