- CDI, Plein-temps
- 12 déc. 17 2017-12-12
KPMG Luxembourg is looking for forward-thinking and passionate people to make a difference to our clients, people and communities. To support our growth, we, at KPMG Luxembourg are looking for an: “Accountant (m/f)." The role and responsibilities Reporting to the Accounting Team Leader, the Accountant
KPMG Luxembourg is looking for forward-thinking and passionate people to make a difference to our clients, people and communities. To support our growth, we, at KPMG Luxembourg are looking for an: “Accountant (m/f)."
The role and responsibilities
Reporting to the Accounting Team Leader, the Accountant manages all accounting operations based on accounting principles, prepares budget and financial forecasts, computes taxes and prepares tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement, etc.
On a daily basis, the Accountant is responsible for General Ledger accounting:
- Supports month-end and year-end close process.
- Verifies, allocates, posts and reconciles accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP principles.
- Ensures that all supplier invoices are uploaded in the accounting system and forwarded to the Invoice processing.
- Prepares the e-payments.
- Spots errors and suggests ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Produces error-free accounting reports and presents their results.
- Assures client and debtor reconciliation (internal or external requests).
- Assists internal and external audits.
- Prepares monthly VAT return (submit to supervisor for review).
- Assures tangible and intangible Assets following.
The perfect candidate
- Holds a License or Master’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- Has 3 years or experience in a similar position.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- French mother tongue level with excellent level of English- written and spoken.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookup and pivot tables.
If your profile fits the above description, send us your CV and cover letter.