DO Recruitment Advisors is looking to recruit a BUSINESS RISK Senior Manager. A solid risk management experience is required along with a good understanding of DISTRIBUTION matters in ASSET MANAGEMENT.
SENIOR MANAGER - BUSINESS RISK and CONTROLS (Asset Management company)
This is a newly created position. The purpose of the Senior Manager role is to provide risk management leadership and support to the European Wholesale and Institutional business, ensuring effective risk management across all business functions in the region in accordance with the risk management framework and within Group Risk Appetite.
The role is a first line risk management function and operates from Luxembourg and is an integral part of the Chief Administration Officer organisation.
The Senior manager role will form an integral part in the delivery of the overall Distribution Risk Management Strategy.
- To establish minimum expectations to effectively support 1st LoD risk owners in pro-actively managing their risks within acceptable level:
- Support and/or coordinate execution of Operational, Strategic and Financial risk management frameworks and policy requirements
- Through strong stakeholder management provide risk management support and insight to the business, helping them to fully understand their risk profile;
- Coordinate first line risk activities, both in terms of core risk programs and ad-hoc project deliverables;
- Drive the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program by providing challenge and guidance to the business as appropriate, leading workshops to define and document the risk profile and control framework within the organisation;
- Identify, assess, manage and report emerging risks. Support group wide scenario planning exercises as required and ensure that these are carried out on a timely basis;
- Embed Enterprise Risk Management frameworks and systems within the business. Drive continuous improvement and excellence;
- Ensure risk data is effectively captured and maintained and appropriate controls, risk appetite measures and key risk indicators (KRIs) are in place;
- Coordinate major incident and events and ensure that appropriate escalation takes place and mitigation activities are actioned.
- Provide analytical commentary and insight including oversight and analysis of risk event reporting;
- Carry out risk-based reviews and provide assurance to the business, as required. Where control weaknesses or adverse customer journeys are identified recommend and track mitigation actions;
- Provide meaningful and value-add risk and control reporting to the regional committees and senior management which includes communication on the status of key risks and their respective remediation programs in the business and regulatory initiatives;
- Proactively challenge existing practices and recommend risk solutions in consideration of good customer journeys and outcomes;
- Conduct active read across of issues, events and build standardisation and consistency in approach and outputs;
- Drive risk management training and education to increase risk awareness of good risk management practices in the business.
- Supporting Internal / External audit activity on behalf of the business
- Co-ordinate controls report (ISAE 3420 type) and other controls accreditation frameworks
- Supporting the completion of the ICAAP requirements and stress testing in facilitation with the 2nd line risk function
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Advanced Risk Management experience including relevant risk qualifications and asset management operational experience desirable
- Strong understanding of business process and controls with proven risk management experience within the financial services industry
- Awareness of Risk and Control Self-Assessments, ICAAP and Stress Tests
- Strong detail focus, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Communicates with influence and is comfortable engaging at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to inspire and energise the broader team operating within global connectivity and reporting lines
- Demonstrates resilience, adaptability and good judgement
- Works collaboratively and leverages individual talents in support of company practices and goals
- Exhibits personal responsibility and accountability to maintain high standards by continually seeking opportunities to increase efficiency and quality of existing work processes, methods, and systems
- Fluent English, any other European language would be considered an advantage.
Our client is an Asset Management company
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.