Business Architect ; Business Solution Design Lead EMEA / Lead business architect / Lead Business Analyst Luxembourg.
Permanent role. 120k euros base +/-, plus bonus/package
This is a buisness focussed role with interaction and appreciation of IT.
We need a top business person with Fund eco systems background. This is a MUST ; or at least understanding and appreciation of.
WE need big picture person; Global – we need someone who can talk to senior stakeholders world wide and a) understand them and b) spar with them,, ie hear their ideas and think of solutions. Is it even possible / feasible?? If so.., you need to do your research and present your findings.
Design and implementation of senior stakeholders’ ideas BUT also your own ideas.
Yes.. your job is to execute from top down, but we are looking for someone who can demonstrate they think big picture, they too have ideas, good ideas and they too will push this to their managers, not just one way traffic.
You are the link between the buisness and what they like/think is good v what you know is possible; what IT can / cannot do and the different impacts.
Sure, the buisness may think of any easy project but the truth is that the IT reality make it a very very complicated task?!?!
Think about solution and innovate. Is AI an idea?
Solve buisness problems.
Translate DATA and monetise it, can you/can you turn Data into profit and have ideas on how to use DATA for better use, ie cross sell??
You are expected to identify projects for yourself!!
WE need someone who can demonstrate this. What dd you do, what was the project, bottlenecks – outcomes – results – issues and so on.. Its never easy, that we know but it should be “fun” and such issues/problems/project are your DNA and you “enjoy” it.!
You will certainly question the buisness and some of their ideas. You are expected to challenge them and know when to hold tight and of when to be diplomatic and listen, even if you are biting your tongue!
Asset Management is important, Fund ecosystems or distribution etc..
You will work on POC: Proof of Concept. Buisness cases.
Work on very early requirement gathering / understanding / solutions… POC.
Bring your idea, if you know a top vendor for a solution why would you not use them? Again, put your case forward and why/benefits/drawbacks and the full A to Z of the good/bad etc.
Attention to detail in every aspect (down to writing and presentation skills).
This is a very visible, very important and senior role.
More Key criteria:
Can do attitude.
Someone who thrives about figuring it out.
Personality (there isn’t always a yes/no answer nor a black or white solution.) ; ie compromise.
Listening to everyone..
Driving things but knowing when to tread carefully (step slowly) breathe.!!
Strong Analytical skills.
Strong BA background.
IT at the client is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Asset Management Technology EMEA function supports a number of business processes mainly focused on Fund Operations, Distribution, Reporting, and Transfer Agency.
The Technology team works very closely with the business to create a Technology platform with an emphasis on a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds and levels of scale. Our primary goal is to deliver value through Technology domain expertise and robust solutions to our customers.
The teams operate under an agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements. At present with this specific opportunity it is expected to require 5 working days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
The Solution Design Lead is an analysis function with a remit spanning the full Fund Ecosystem and its integration into the wider Asset Management Technology domain.
The team are responsible for conducting end to end solution design analysis with a typical output being an approved architecture design and supporting management level presentation and / or functional specification that can be handed to the capability aligned engineering teams.
You will be responsible for the overall strategy, technical architecture, analysis standards and delivery of technical solutions to the business and supporting capability aligned technology teams within The client.
• Responsible for supporting the roadmap, strategy, technical architecture, design and delivery of the The client Fund Ecosystem connecting in-house and outsourced functions to service our fund business
• Line Management responsibility for the Solution Design Practice team
• Define and ensure adherence to policies, procedures, analysis standards and engagement models that impact the overall service offered by the Global Asset Management Technology function
• Drive continuous improvement within the EMEA Technology capability aligned teams. Ensure the balance between in house and 3rd party providers is appropriate and ensure skill levels of team members are maintained and relevant to both the role they are performing and to support the growth of the team.
• Responsibility for research into new technologies and evaluating benefits to the improvement and enhancement of the Fund Ecosystem platform
• Responsibility for management information and reporting relevant to the Solution Design Practice
• Responsible for adherence to the The client Group Technology Architecture policy
• A Technology Leader who can drive the next stage development of our Global Operations Technology platform
• Will have managed delivery to a global client base and involving delivery teams in more than one location
• Ability to deal credibly with Operations business staff and technical users at all levels of the organisation, with strong senior stakeholder management skills
• An individual with both strong business and technical analysis skills, must have detailed knowledge of Fund Operations, Fund Accounting, Fund Distribution, and Transfer Agency
• Have a demonstrable track record of delivering large scale change
• Strong understanding of software development and architecture principles, Microsoft and Cloud technologies
• Proven track record of managing successful engagements with 3^rd party vendors, offshore and near-shore
• Strong people management and leadership skills, must have the ability to drive collaboration across stakeholder groups and IT teams
• Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
• Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work on multiple priorities in parallel
• Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
• Is able to provide a mentoring capability to management team members
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment & reacting proactively to change
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills