Client Service Management – Transfer Agency
JOB TITLE: CLIENT SERVICEMANAGER -PRODUCT CONTROL (Investment restriction)
LOCATION: LUXEMBOURG, KIRCHBERG OFFICE
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion. Department Overview
Working in the Fund Administration Product Control team in Luxembourg, you will be part of a team that is key to the success of our fund administration activities, with responsibility for the accounting accuracy and investment restriction monitoring for funds administered in Luxembourg. The team is in close contact with internal and external service providers in the investment fund business (e.g. portfolio managers, fund development specialists, management companies, auditors and regulators). The successful candidate will act as primary client facing person to address any related queries. Main Duties:
• Proficient in day-to-day fund investment restrictions and policy monitoring (UCITS V, ESMA Guidelines, SIF Law, AIFM)
• Very good knowledge of general Accounting rules and principles
• Understanding of the fund business workflow with various actors (Custody, TA, Portfolio Managers,...)
• Good interpersonal skills to drive any elaboration on investment breaches discussions
• Follow-up eligibility assessment towards UCITS prerequisites
• Proven track record of successful client facing role
• Ensure Legal Documentation is constantly up-to-date and regular reviews are occurring between relevant parties (SLAs, Agreements, Operating Memorandums). Qualifications and skills required:
• The ideal candidate will be educated to third level in a relevant field (e.g. accounting, finance, economics or similar)
• Relevant experience in a role in the investment fund industry is required
• The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in investment fund law and fund accounting
• Ability to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines
• Champion cooperation and partnership with colleagues and clients, while able to complete tasks independently
• Fluent in English and in French. German a plus About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.