As the national competent authority in charge of the supervision of credit institutions, the CSSF would like to reinforce the banking supervisory policy division of its “Banking Supervisory Policy and Single Supervisory Mechanism Coordination department” and is recruiting an Economist (m/f).
Role & responsibilities
- Contribute to the elaboration of the European banking legislation and regulation (EU directives, EU regulations, technical standards and guidelines) in particular at the level of the European Banking Authority (EBA)
- Act as representative of the CSSF and as a technical expert in the working groups of the EBA, the ECB Banking Supervision and process banking regulatory issues in this context
- Contribute to the implementation into national laws and regulations of the European banking legislation and regulation
- Drafting of reports and analyses on banking regulatory issues
- Master’s degree or PhD in business administration, economics or finance
- Practical experience of the banking regulatory framework, in particular the CRDIV and CRR. Knowledge of CRD V/CRR2 and Basel III is considered an advantage
- Minimum professional experience of 5 years in a function requiring the practical application of the banking regulatory framework (policy or risk management function in a bank, réviseur d’entreprises, prudential authority/regulator...)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French and the ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders. Knowledge of German and/or Luxembourgish would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills, including capacity to understand and summarize complex issues
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EBA or the European System of Financial Supervision is considered an advantage
- Team spirit, flexibility, capacity to work independently
- Availability for missions/meetings abroad
Applications have to be submitted via the CSSF's online application form.
The successful candidate (m/f) will be hired as public employee (“employé de l’Etat”) under a permanent contract. If the candidate meets the required conditions, s/he will be asked to apply for admission to the status of civil servant (“fonctionnaire de l’Etat”).