Our client is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial accountant looking to make the step up to an oversight role, whilst also continuing to have day-to-day book-keeping responsibility.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (M/F)
This is a newly created role within the Luxembourg management company of a New York-headquartered real estate fund manager.
- Full book-keeping responsibility for a portfolio of 15 Luxembourg entities (although this number is growing);
- Preparation of periodic (monthly / quarterly / annual) financial statements of the company's Luxembourg-based entities;
- Oversight of the outsourced accounting function in other jurisdictions (specifically, the Netherlands and Germany);
- Cash management - assist the head of European operations with the weekly payment cycle of the European portfolio;
- Co-ordination of support to third party tax advisors in the preparation of CIT and VAT returns;
- Responsible for co-ordination of covenant reporting process and quarterly management reports for European portfolio;
- Liaising with external auditors and completing all necessary reporting and investigation associated with financial reports;
- Participate to ad hoc projects within the company;
- Perform additional administrative tasks, as requested by management.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, with a preference for a chartered accountant (although not compulsory);
- +5 years' experience within a finance environment;
- Good understanding of the Luxembourg management sector - PE/RE is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of reporting under Luxembourg GAAP; Exposure to German or Dutch GAAP would also be considered an advantage;
- A fluent level in English is required, any other European language is considered an advantage;
- Excellent MS Office skills (excel, office, etc);
- Highly organized, adherence to internal deadlines and appropriate escalation of issues;
- Self-starter, able to work independently whilst ensuring engagement with the wider finance team;
- Ability to work independently and to take on additional responsibilities;
- Good team player, who is detail-oriented and has a proactive attitude.
Our client is a real estate fund, with operations in Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.