Fund Administration Associate - Alternatives
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The associate will join the team responsible for our Private Credit and Multi-Alternative Strategy Funds within the Alternatives Fund Accounting Oversight team. The successful candidate will report to the Director of the Luxembourg team.
Specific responsibilities of the associate include but are not limited to:
- Follow the team’s effective control environment to ensure adherence to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify risk and escalate in a timely manner. Proactively identify and recommend improvements to internal and external controls and processes.
- Review of Monthly NAV Calculations produced by an external Fund Administrator including performance fees and/or waterfalls, capital accounts where applicable and expense and budget reviews
- Creating and maintaining performance fee, waterfall and rebalancing models
- Meeting client reporting needs and responding to ad-hoc requirements
- Build strong relationships with all Business Operations and BLK teams as needed, including but not limited to, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Portfolio Management, Global Client and Sales Support Group, Asset Management, Information Systems, Marketing, Risk Management, Trade Operations, Transfer Agency Oversight and Legal to effectively deliver on the business’s evolving data and accounting needs on an ad hoc and recurring basis.
- Participate in the review of interim and year end financial statements. Work with the Financial Reporting team and external auditors for the audit process to ensure accurate and timely delivery of audited financial statements.
- Work closely with the Transfer Agency Oversight team for the investor level related allocations and issues arising.
- Manage the expenses payment to third party vendors through the centralised Vendor Invoice Management system.
- Participate in projects on the Alternative products such as fund launches, closures, mergers or regulatory change, contributing from an Accounting perspective and working closely with the Strategic Product Management or other groups to deliver these projects cleanly.
- Managing the Service Provider relationships to ensure robust and effective delivery on all aspects of the product
- Review of KPIs and attendance at Monthly Service Review Group meetings
- Carry out annual Health Checks on Service Providers and identify and process or control issues.
- The Associate must be able to work independently, and as part of a team both within the Fund Administration team and across functions. The position requires the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet reporting deadlines and flexibility. The employee must also possess accounting and analytical skills and be computer literate
- The Associate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage Service Providers to high standards.
- Attention to detail is a key requirement of the role and the ability to identify risk and escalate appropriately.
- The associate should have a strong working knowledge of hedge fund administration including the processes which contribute to NAV and performance fees calculation models.
- An Accounting qualification such as ACCA or CIMA is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years Fund Accounting in the alternatives sector with an emphasis on closed ended (e.g. Private Equity, Private Credit, Real Estate…) products is required.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.