Fund Administration Associate - Real Estate
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock EMEA GAAPS (Global Accounting and Product Services) has responsibility for all NAV accounting matters across EMEA for pooled fund products, plus audit and financial statement production oversight. This involves responsibility for accurate and timely production of asset valuations produced in house or by third party administrators. The team supports the relevant Fund Boards; assists in regulatory / legal / taxation matters and supports the property investment teams through technical knowledge in relation to accounting issues
The function is recruiting for a Real Estate professional within Real Estate (“RE”) Fund Administration. The role includes:
• Ensuring bank accounts are monitored, invoices are paid correctly and controls are maintained;
• Overseeing the accounting of fund / property level investments in accordance with IFRS and Local GAAP;
• Statutory and Board reporting at both holding company level and SPV level.
• Overseeing financial reporting and audits, testing / oversight of property level reporting
• Property manager controls and cash (treasury) where applicable
The associate will join the team responsible for the UK and European Fund range within Real Estate reporting to the Vice President of the team. Specific responsibilities of the associate include but are not limited to:
• Ensure appropriate journal entries within the Yardi system to ensure accounting records are accurate.
• Preparation of quarterly / annual financial statements, including supporting schedules.
• Produce interim / year end financial statements and work with external auditors to ensure accurate / timely sign off for audited financial statements.
• Working with external providers to ensure proper accounting, reporting and compliance at property level.
• Following an effective control environment, actively identifying improvements to controls and processes.
• Building strong relationships with all Real Estate teams including Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Transactions, Investor Relations and Legal to deliver on the business needs.
A knowledge of UK or European Real Estate fund administration would be beneficial (e.g. an understanding of Unit Trusts or pan European property investments held through Lux SPVs.)
• Experience in the financial industry combined with analytical / problem solving skills
• Language skills – notably English and French (liaison with / travel to local offices may be required on occasion)
• Be able to work independently and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and to meet deadlines
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Computer literacy (e.g. MS Office, Yardi).
• A minimum of 3 years accounting experience, preferably in a real estate /property related industry
• Strong knowledge of regional and statutory accounting on a fair value and historical costs basis
• Experience in financial statement preparation
• Written / spoken English and French language skills
• CPA, CA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent) is preferred but not essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.