- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 18 août 18 2018-08-18
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Wellington Management Funds ("WMF") Global Fund Services is responsible for all aspects of the operations for the WMF Global fund ranges, and works alongside the Product Development, Legal, Compliance and Governance teams to support all aspects of the fund business.
We are currently seeking to recruit a high caliber, highly motivated individual to play an important role in our Fund Control department, reporting to the team manager in the Luxembourg office. The successful candidate will be part of a team, located between Luxembourg, London and Boston. Principal responsibilities will include:
• Build strong working relationships with Administrators, Depositaries and Prime Brokers;
• Ownership and identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the Fund Control function;
• Enhance the framework for NAV oversight, and provide management reporting on a periodic basis to allow management to access the integrity of the NAV production process;
• Fund performance monitoring across all domiciles;
• Develop a framework for oversight of Custodians, and provide management reporting on a periodic basis;
• Provide operational risk assessments of current processes, identify issues that arise/could arise on the funds, and work with stakeholders to resolve these on a proactive basis;
• Work with other functional teams, such as Product Development, Legal, Tax, Risk and Governance on:
- Involvement in conceptualizing new fund products;
- Research new product requirements, both internally with other functional teams, and also externally with service providers;
- Ensure markets are open for new fund launches;
• Provide analysis on operating expenses to determine the asset levels at which funds are profitable;
• Engage the client transition management process for new and existing clients, in relation to asset-in-kind transfers;
• Attend cross functional meetings, and provide operational expertise and recommendations.
Work on various and changeable tasks to support other business functions. This could include, but is not limited to:
• Help support the financial statements function;
• Recognize areas of reporting inefficiency between the service providers and Wellington, and collaborate with internal system consultants to develop and integrate customized automated reports.
The successful candidate is likely to:
• Hold an undergraduate degree;
• Have around 8+ years of professional experience working in the funds industry. Ideally this will include a background in UCITS and regulated alternative funds domiciled in Europe;
• Be technically proficient in relation to Microsoft software , Excel, VBA and/or Access;
• Be able to synthesize information quickly;
• Be able to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
• Have strong analytical skills, and attention to detail;
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Have a team-oriented, collaborative attitude;
• Demonstrate career progression to date, perhaps including previous management of a team or service provider relationship;
• Fluency in English is required.
Wellington Funds Group
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .