You will be part of the Managed Services Operation Team, in charge of operating The Institution Commission's Network and security service under the NMSII contract.
The NMS II Infrastructure consists of: Network Infrastructure
Security and Internet Infrastructure
- The LAN in the Commission's buildings (approximately 80 buildings spread over Brussels, Luxembourg)
- The connections between these buildings as WAN (MPLS technology)
- The interconnection with other providers with dynamic routing and VPN.
- Wifi Hotspots spread over the Commission's buildings
- The security perimeter consists in a multi-layer infrastructure of firewalls and VPN of different vendors.
- The incoming and outgoing accesses with the external world pass through dedicated appliances working as proxies and reverse proxies.
- DNS infrastructure and authentication servers are part of our domain of competences.
A team of 40 people is working permanently on-site (Luxembourg and Brussel).
- Maintain complex and challenging infrastructures in the domain of Security
- Participate actively in daily operation tasks (Incidents, changes)
- Participate actively in Health checks for seeking issues before they impact production (Proactive analysis)
- Prepare and execute small projects (Releases)
- Contribute to the delivery of projects (Transition)
- Propose and contribute to technical improvement plans
- Ensure compliance (in operations and projects)
- Insure client satisfaction
- Interact and co-operate with vendors
- Contribute actively to Teams synergy
4. Location and Timing issues:
- Education : BAC +3 in computer sciences or equivalent
- Network technologies :
- Switching principles, spanning tree, VSS, 802.1q, VPLS
- Routing principles, BGP, MPLS, IP VRF
- Internet technologies : IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, IPSEC
- IP Security principle (firewall,proxy, Remote Access...)
- Python Scripting
- Fluent in French and English is a requirement
- Any network certification is considered as an advantage
- Experience in delivering in a production environment is considered as an advantage
- Provision of the above mentioned services basically in Brussels, with a possibility to work in
Luxembourg about 1 day per month.
- Business hours: 7H-19H => being able to start at 7AM and being able to regularly end at 7PM
- Occasional interventions outside of normal working hours may be requested
- On-call permanence during nights or weekends (about 1 week every 5 weeks).