Risk Analyst, Global Asset Manager, Luxembourg
This is fantastic opportunity with unmatched growth potential to join an Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM) in Luxembourg that will be growing in size significantly in the next six months.
You'll need previous risk experience, either in with an AIFM, UCITS or SIF background, but most importantly you will need to be an advanced Excel user, comfortable with VBA, macros and risk modelling.
This role will see you heavily involved in the on-boarding of new funds and then responsible for supporting the risk framework and policies there-after. You'll also be responsible for analysing transactions and deals to create high quality risk reports for senior stakeholders, with emphasis on being the 'go-to' person for risk analysis internally.
This role offers unparalleled exposure to communicating with senior stakeholders and offers great experience to closed and open ended funds. It's perfect for an analyst currently in an asset manager, bank or financial services firm with risk and modelling experience looking to take on a new challenge. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design financial risk models and use coding skills (VBA, SQL or similar) to build macros
- Support AIFM risk management policy design and implementation, as well as frameworks for future and existing funds
- Portfolio risk: stress testing, market risk analysis, VAR etc
- Review risk associated with valuation models and assist with the valuation process
- Operational risk: produce reports regularly, manage risk and control self-assessment
- Prepare risk reports for the AIFM, for senior stakeholders such as Partners
- Risk background in asset management, banking or financial services
- Understanding of AIFMD a benefit, alternatively UCITS
- Real estate, private equity, credit or private debt knowledge ideal
- Technical with strong attention to detail
- Very strong, advanced experience with Excel
- Coding skills
- Previous exposure to senior stakeholders and good communication skills