SENIOR BUSINESS CONTROLLER / ACCOUNTANT (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is delighted to represent a Luxembourgish holding company of several well-known brands, operating in retail and manufacturing worldwide, in their search for a Senior Business Controller/Accountant (m/f). The successful incumbent will work in a small office environment and will cover a large range of responsibilities in accounting/reporting/internal controlling and budgeting & forecasting. He or She will interact on a daily basis with different Business Partners of the company and will report directly to the CFO.
THE JOB :
The Senior Business Controller/ Accountant (m/f) is responsible for accountancy and financial reporting for the various companies. This includes monthly Management Reporting, participation in the Budget process and in the Year-End and Audit process.
The core business responsibilities:
• Provide an efficient, timely accounting process of high quality.
• Ensure an efficient Year End and Audit process of high quality and on time.
• Liaise with the Finance Team re unresolved differences and drive for clarification
• Ensure the necessary Accounting Control Procedures are in place.
• Maintain and utilize the accounting and reporting tools (BOB, Qlikview, Fista etc).
• Provide the right information at the right time as per reporting calendar. This covers Management Reporting and Financial Statements.
Internal Control environment:
• Support establishment of fit for purpose governance to ensure commercial decisions are being taken with full view of financial, resource and risk implications
• Establish and maintain robust and effective local control procedures.
• Ensure proper Credit Control being conducted and escalated when necessary.
• Ensure the necessary Control Procedures are in place.
Performance Management & Analysis:
• Provide on-going (and improved) insights into the company’s performance current year
• Support improved insight into profitability and expense analysis
• Provide required input and insight into all current year forecasting and annual planning processes for with respect to details Profit/Loss accounts, VAT reporting and Tax Return input.
Budgeting & Planning:
• Support the CFO in establishing stretching but realistic budgets and to identify contingency elements. Proper documentation of the process.
• Monthly follow up on actual versus budget and analyse variances
• Provide ad-hoc support in on-going projects
Team support & development:
• Be a pro-active, positive and effective member of the Finance team
• Work closely with the CFO and your colleagues and contribute to a high performing Finance Team.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE :
The successful candidate will have :
• A qualification in Accounting or similar
• Strong accounting skills and knowledge in Lux GAAP
• The knowledge of Financial Tools such as BOB, Qlikview, Excel is a real asset
• An excellent level in English, both written and verbal;
• 3-5 years+ working experience as Business Financial Controller/Accountant.
• Demonstrable experience in improving control environment and providing management with insightful analysis.
• A proactive and positive mind set
• A strong self-organisation and planning skills
• A hands-on mentality, and be able to self-motivate.
THE CLIENT :
Our client is the Luxembourgish holding company of several well-known brands, they operate in retail and manufacturing worldwide.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.