SVP FUND ACCOUNTING REAL ESTATE (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting a SVP FUND ACCOUNTING REAL ESTATE for one of his clients, a global service provider. As a core member of the FA team, he/she will be responsible for delivering high standard services for complex fund structures and will be managing a team of around 15 people.
• You will oversee client service delivery and monitor service provision to agreed standards for key clients
• You will formulate and implement key client service programs.
• You will liaise internally with all operational areas to ensure awareness of all key client requirements.
• You will visit clients on a periodic basis to evaluate service quality and identify client priorities.
• You will assist in the resolution of complex client issues.
• You will manage escalations and complaints within the team and within the department.
• You will manage, train, and assist assigned Senior Account Managers in the successful running of their teams.
• You will participate in the review of procedures and policies and supervision of VPs to ensure adherence to these procedures.
• You will be responsible for delivery of Fund accounting & analysis.
• You will maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers.
• You will oversee and if required assist in the preparation of financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements.
• You will oversee and if required assist in the limited partner and general partner allocations.
• You will oversee and if required assist in the preparation of trial balances and work paper product.
• You will advise and if required process standard and complex bookkeeping entries.
• You will involved within a full scope of transaction activities including full cycle accounting.
• You will oversee and if required assist in the preparation of financial analysis.
• You will monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables.
• You will interact with Management and Clients.
• You will review real estate fund client's partnership agreements, PPM's and other materials.
• You will participate and as required lead the implementation of fund structures onto the accounting system.
• You will monitor compliance of various agreements with clients, including the Service Level Agreement.
• You will train and support team members in their development.
• You will operate as a contact point for clients; able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary.
• You will act as a liaison with various internal /external parties - i.e. auditors, legal counsel.
• You will assist in client audit procedures.
• You will prepare and analyse complex Excel spreadsheets.
• You will liaise with property management companies.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• You have a degree in Business or Finance related area.
• You are designated accountant or working towards ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA designation.
• You have 10+ years of public/private real estate accounting work experience.
• You can demonstrate strong leadership skills and have managerial experience.
• You are experienced in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements.
• You have experience in Luxembourg.
• You have a knowledge of IFRS and GAAP.
• You have excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written).
• You are motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines.
• You are a team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities.
• You sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
• You are advanced in MS Excel, Proficient with MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
• You know MRI, Yardi, or Investran.
• You are experienced in Limited Partnership accounting (a plus).
• If you have private equity/real estate fund administration experience, it would be a plus.
• It would be considered as advantage, if you are familiar with tax-efficient European structures and related investment vehicles and regulatory requirements.
• You a superior in written and verbal communication.
• You have advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel).
Our client is a global and renowned service provider, located in the city centre of Luxembourg.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.