Senior Fund Accountant (Luxembourg)
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Taleo Consulting
- 17 déc. 18
Senior Fund Accountant (Luxembourg)
Jo b Description: Senior Fund Accountant
Taleo is an advisory firm specialized in financial services acting in Luxembourg, Paris and Brussels. Our financial expertise combined with our specialization in Risk Management, Compliance, Governance and Financial Information Systems allow us to deliver best practices as well as tailored and innovative solutions to our clients.
M i ssion:
Within the Fund Accounting department, the candidate oversees the following tasks:
- Preparing and reviewing Net Assets Values, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review in a timely and accurate approach from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Recording and reviewing accurately, and in accordance with the Department policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Reconciling and reviewing various accounts, such as Custodian, Brokers, Counterparties, and promptly researching and correcting any variances from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Identifying exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to the first line of management (Team Leader), and assisting in their resolution.
- Responding and supporting client queries in a timely and efficient manner when required.
- Preparing and reviewing recurrent reporting for onward transmission (Internal, to the Trustees, Clients, Third Parties) and resolving any queries posed within specific timeframes in a prompt and professional manner from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Ability to use initiative in order to maintain reconciliation items at a minimum level for all accounts under responsibility.
- Carrying out duties in accordance with procedures.
- Escalate issues to the first line of management (Team Leader) that may have a significant impact on client satisfaction.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal partners ensuring appropriate service levels are met or exceeded.
- Liaising with internal and external departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, key clients and attending meetings when required.
- Communicating effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies.
- Taking ownership with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to support the lead and/or support implementing new processes in order to help the team be successful in their goals and KPIs.
- Being responsible of recertification process for BPDs, fund factsheet and client cheat sheet.
- Attending regular 1-1 meeting with Team Leader
- Proven understanding of multi region fund's structures in a financial services NAV environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach.
- Knowledge of the regulatory regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts, Mutual Funds and Open-Ended Investment Companies (OEICs).
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with the Fund Accounting team and other Internal Departments and Third Parties.
- Hold an accounting, business or mathematical qualification in university
- Demonstrating analytical skills.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard InvestOne. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word essential.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
Languages: English is mandatory. Any other european language would be considered as an asset.