(Senior) Internal Auditor
, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Management Committee (MC) The President's Office -
Internal Audit Department (IA) -
Internal Audit EIF & IT Division (EIF&IT) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Internal Auditor .
This is a full-time position at 5/6 level The term of this contract will be 4 years. Panel interviews are anticipated for end of October.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance. Purpose
Internal Audit (IA) is looking for candidates with specialist know-how in the areas of Private Equity / Fund Management and/or Securitisation and related activities.
IA is a vital component of the management of the Bank. It helps the Bank by providing independent assurances and by identifying how the Bank can be made more efficient. IA is an independent, objective assurance and advisory activity designed to add value and improve the Bank's operations. It helps management accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to assess and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and internal control.
As (Senior) Officer Internal Audit, you will contribute to the execution of IA's annual audit plans for the EIB and the EIF. You will be expected to perform an assigned audit programme, by understanding the audit subject at a conceptual and practical level, by producing concise, balanced and constructive audit reports with a high quality of English, by achieving Agreed Action Plans, by ensuring all audits respect professional standards and bringing added value by evaluating controls, challenging processes and being a catalyst for improvement. Furthermore, you will assist in IA's quarterly follow-up exercises by performing evaluation of outstanding Agreed Action Plans. Operating Network
The Internal Audit Department is responsible for internal audit services in both the EIB and EIF. It is composed of two Divisions; one covers the functions of the EIB whereas the second covers the activities of the EIF and Information Technology across the EIB Group. The latter Division operates with two separate Units. Whilst staff members are administratively allocated to a specific Unit in one of the two Divisions, the Department functions as a pool of resources that can be allocated to specific assignments across the Group.
You will report to the Head of the EIF Unit in the EIF&IT Internal Audit Division, where you are assigned to. You will have regular contact with colleagues in the Department and other services throughout the Group. Accountabilities
- Plan and conduct audit missions, provide independent appraisal on the processes and the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, execute audit procedures and document them in IA's audit software, report on the findings and Agreed Action Plans for corrective action and/or improvements (as part of a team of IA personnel)
- Follow-up audit recommendations in order to verify that corrective action are undertaken
- Proactively keep abreast and follow latest developments in the internal audit function
- Steer and monitor the activities of external consultants for audits performed under a co-sourcing agreement
- Contribute to creating appropriate awareness in the organisation on the importance of operational and financial risk assessment
- Develop, improve and implement Internal Audit processes, procedures, IT systems, methodologies and working tools for conducting risk management and internal control activities
- Participate to senior management meetings, including the Audit Committee (EIB) / Audit Board (EIF)
- Develop constructive relationship with other directorates and represent the IA department as appropriate.
- University degree preferably in economics or business administration or a related field with relevant exposure to Banking / Finance / Compliance
- At least 5 years (ideally 8 years) of relevant professional experience in areas related to:
- Private Equity / Fund Management: experience in a fund/fund-of-fund environment and/or
- Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Lending/guarantee operations and related activities including credit risk management (corporate lending and other complex credit operations)
- Treasury, capital markets activities and Financial Risk Management
- Financial administration and expenses
- Information technology and security
- Administration activities
- Good general knowledge of banking in a regulated environment is preferred
- A general understanding of Internal Audit's role, and preferably acquaintance with general audit methodologies and Internal Control Framework
- Professional qualification such as Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Chartered Financial Analyst or equivalent (candidates not having a professional internal audit qualification will be expected to study for one during the initial years of service)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills: ability to convince Bank services of audit viewpoints and excellent ability to interact at different levels of hierarchy. Capacity to place details in a wider context
- Analytical skills, proven track record of rigorous analytical work
- Problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of audit computer tools or data analytics / Business Objects would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English with fluent English report writing skills and a good command of French(*). Working knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 2 nd October 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.