EDW Database Engineer
Codes, tests, and debugs computer programs. Analyzes, designs and writes specifications for basic programs. Assists in identifying and resolving product problems with specific programs. Creates appropriate technical documentation. Performs data analysis. Project
Essential Job Functions
- EDW platform is a dedicated data warehouse appliance offering massive parallel scale-out query processing, allowing users to scale up to much higher levels of performance and capacity than single SMP systems can offer.
- Operations support of EDW data warehouse platform, provide availability of data and solve end-user reporting and accessibility problems.
- Monitor, control, and manage each incident arising from or relating to the services.
- Ensure Application services are restored in a timely manner.
- Support operations for multiple customers account with defined SLAs
- Ensure all operations reports are being monitored and act PROMPTLY within OPS SLA.
- Refreshing/Replacing data from production (PRO) to integration (ITG) for new coming projects.
- Analyzing errors occurred to spot common trends and underlying problems.
- Identifying contributing factors and causal factors of incidents.
- Work with other teams to fix errors and identify data problems.
- Participate in deployment to PRO & assist ETL Developer with deployment responsibilities.
- Assists users with questions or problems.
- Provide on-call support and participate in the shift roster.
- Demonstrate greater adaptability to changing priorities and flexible workloads.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure minimum downtime.
- Responsible for deploying projects from DEV to ITG for testing purposes.
- Logging and keeping records of changes in the ITG and STG environments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred
- 0 or 2 years of experience in programming or testing
- Experience working in a student employment program or related experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Basic programming skills - desirable Python, Scala / .NET
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation, and testing of programs
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients