The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities Primary Duties:
- Monitor and maintain Linux Server operating system (RHEL 6.x / 7.x / OEL/SUSE )
- Apply security and bugfix patches to operating system. Perform operating system and patch testing on all changes prior to installation.
Sound knowledge on LVM, GFS, EXT etc
- Good knowledge on analyzing Performance issues and troubleshooting skills
- Work non-traditional hours and respond to on-call requests to provide 24 x 7 service availability
- Additionally veritas cluster server (vcs) for linux and or Cluster concept knowledge would be good
- Monitor and review system logs and detect and troubleshoot problems
- OS Performance Management
- Demonstrate in day-to-day work adherence to security best practices and Technology Services access control and security policies.
- Establish and maintain suitable resource and performance monitoring on all systems.
- Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change control precepts and practices.
- Discover and communicate potential service problems by identifying patterns occurring across monitoring alerts and customer reported incidents
Required Technical and Professional Expertise Requirements:
- Understanding and working knowledge of shell scripting.
- Understanding of LDAP, network and security management, filesystem backup & restore.
- Basic written technical documentation.
- Understand the applicable processes and procedures of the organization and make recommendations in the continual improvement of those processes and procedures, providing for management analysis and recommendations on continual improvement.
- Able to manage customers over calls, if needed
- Quick learner and should be open to learning new technologies, process & take up new role as per requirements
- Team player and an individual contributor who should be able to share knowledge and mentor juniors in the team
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.