Manager, Fund Reporting
What is the opportunity?
As a Manager, Fund Reporting, you will manage a Fund Accounting team that is accountable for all controls and processes are followed in order to maintain accurate records for each fund and all exceptions and controls breaches are escalated immediately and resolved timely, ensure all audit and regulatory requirements are satisfied and key service level agreements met.
Responsible for ensuring the team efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness, and to reduce operational risk. Region : Australia Working hours : 6.30am - 3.30pm What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Daily Fund Accounting Tasks - business planning and team management, high quality (consistency & accuracy) of all Financial Statements and Regulatory submissions . including all deadlines and Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met, monitor the team quality and performance and enhance productivity and effective relationship with other departments.
- Operational Efficiency - continually improve the daily process, ensure that resources are effectively managed to deal with increases/decrease in number of funds, improvement of operational processes to reduce cost, involvement in all key quality and productivity improvement initiatives and main escalation point for operational issue
- Change Leadership - clearly expresses a vision for change, relentlessly pursues the change while effectively managing the impact on all staff, builds a culture that supports change and diversity, involve in developing test cases, validating UAT and regression findings and identify streamlining opportunities and drive them with support of BA./SME
- Compliance & Risk management - Follow company internal policy and procedures, Involvement of procedure evolution to control and to reduce operational risk, ensure the staff to follow company internal policy and procedures, Achieve satisfactory rating from internal audit and keep current on all regulations/legislation/accounting standards/Income Tax rules.
- Client Service - Client Oriented attitude and ensure the client requirements are fully supported.
- Managerial Excellence - ensure that the team is managed through effective communication, on-going team meetings and performance and development plans are reviewed regularly, ensure fairness and equity in the work environment, identify and develop high potential candidates, ensure continuous coaching and development, identify training needs and ensure staff are cross trained including be a change agent and help team adapt to change.
- Post-secondary education with an accounting/finance concentration or equivalent qualifications - ACCA/CPA/CIMA
- Typically 5 -8 years' experience in managing and coaching teams of operations professionals.
- Good knowledge about Fund Industry, products and Financial Markets in general as well as Australian accounting standards & IFRS and Australia regulatory environment
- Good technical knowledge in Financial Statements ,Business Activity Statements ,Distribution and Income Tax Returns .
- Effective communication (written and oral), interpersonal skills, presentation skills, with strong fluency in English.
- Enrolment in an accounting designation program would be an asset.
What's in it for you?
- A sense of urgency to achieve excellent results
- Flexible, ability to cope with stress and pressure
- Good organizational awareness
- Business Acumen
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A worldclass training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded