Senior IT Engineer - Japanese Speaker
Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure (e.g. SAP), and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) to our Japanese clients
throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards. Provides technical input, solutions, and recommendations to deal pursuit. Engaged in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards, and customers and/or internal businesses/end user requirements. Provides IT infrastructure and/or application infrastructure lifecycle technical support, including planning, project management, installation, on-going management/monitoring/troubleshooting, and de-installation, following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards (e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)). Manages the technical/service relationship between the company and the customer, and between the company and subcontractors/vendors. Works with the key customers and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (Infrastructure Support Managers, Client Manager and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Apply technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with moderate risk/complexity.
- Integrates technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
- Resolve most technical incidents independently within your technical area.
- Work with team members to resolve more complex or cross-technology incidents.
- Identify potential escalations and alert management proactively.
- Begin to proactively and reactively provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility.
- Independently reviews, implements, and verifies changes/solutions of moderate complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/IT infrastructure needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
- Apply patch and security changes per policy.
- Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
- Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Applies the company solutions to meet moderately complex customer and/or trade/IT infrastructure needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
- Provide continual improvement recommendations/direction- setting advice within work team.
- Participate in customer and internal projects, including transformation.
- Lead projects from own responsibility area.
- Balance internal needs with customers and/or internal businesses/end user's needs within defined parameters.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Typically 6 - 8 years of relevant experience.
- General understanding of related IT infra technologies.
- Customer Service.
- General Project Management.
- Customer/Vendor Management.
- Business Analysis.
- General Financial Management.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) in Japanese language (at least certified with JLPT Level 1/N1, Level2/N2 or Level 3/N3).
- Good level of communication in English.
- Experience in any of the following skills would be preferred: