Supervisor, Settlement Operations
What is the opportunity?
We are leading diversified provider of financial services under One RBC. Founded in 1864, RBC is the 10th largest bank worldwide and the 5th in North America, as measured by market capitalization. We are among a small group of highly rated global banks and are recognized time and time again for our financial strength, market leadership and philanthropic work.
Our culture is defined by core values that represent what we believe in and what we stand for. They guide, unite and inspire us to have impact and do what's right. These values set the tone for our culture and unify us across geographies and businesses. Supporting Region : Channel Islana ( 4pm to 1am ) What will you do?
- Responsible for effective management of Settlement Operations including and not limited to adherence to SLA, handling escalations from team members, workload review
- Provide subject matter expertise around complex trade/transfer requirements in support of Administrator processing requirements and responsibilities
- Contact counterparties to agree Trade/Settlement dates and swap SSIs
- Asset Transition from instruction through to market Settlement
- Trade Capture through to Market Settlement
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Drives and plan support and participation in strategic initiatives, continuous process improvements, process reviews, market rules changes
- Drives implementation of controls and processes to mitigate risks
- Provide supervision, allocation and organization of work among team members to ensure efficiency and adequate leave coverage
- Degree in Business, Finance or related discipline preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Minimum 6-7 years of working experiences within a Securities Operations environment
- In-depth knowledge of global practices in relation to market settlements
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
Familiarity with Milvus and SWIFT standards What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded