Research Analyst, Clean Energy Technology (Mandarin Speaker)
This Research Analyst will be an important member of our clean energy technology project tracking team, working closely with research teams in the region and globally to ensure data quality and consistency and conduct analysis on industry trends with a main focus on the Asia Pacific markets. Responsibilities
The Research Analyst will be conducting desktop research for power generation projects in the Asia Pacific region primarily focused on wind power (onshore and offshore), but also including other clean energy technologies including solar, biomass, geothermal, energy storage, among others.
Data collection would include the following aspects:
- Renewables generation project data, including information such as project name, generation capacity, equipment, ownership, shareholders, online year, etc.
- Cross-database data validation and quality control.
- Multi-lingual data source check.
- Support regional analysts for quantitative analysis and report writing.
- An undergraduate degree in a science, engineering, economics, or other quantitative field.
- A strong interest in the energy sector.
- Aptitude for statistical analysis.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong team player that can work across geographies and time zones.
- Excellent English communication (reading / writing / speaking) skills
- Business Proficiency in Simplified Chinese.
- Primary research / journalistic skills including ability to cold-call developers and ask questions are plus.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.