Analyst, Data Service Delivery ( 12 months contract )
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographical time zones. Malaysia is one of two operational processing hubs that supports Custody - Transaction Management; Settlements; NAV Production; Fund Reporting; Shareholder Services; Global Fund Platform Services; Data Service Delivery; Entitlements - income and corporate actions and Reconciliations. The country employs a Global Operating Model to maximise efficiencies across times zones and supports a 24/5 operational capability. The objectives for Malaysia are to enhance the scalability of our global operations, improve service quality via our 'centres of excellence' and to implement/leverage standard processes globally.
Work hours : 3pm - 2 am
Region : UK What will you do?
The Analyst will act as a business expert to the Data Services Delivery ( DSD ) department and will be involved in a wide range of functional tasks including co-ordination and execution of DSD ops projects, technical support, on-boarding new clients, process improvements, global and local projects, testing, designing and delivering technical training.
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Use technical excellence to ensure DSD deliverables are of a high quality in terms of accuracy and consistency.
- Escalation point for DSD staff in providing technical support and advice for SCUBA
- Minimise errors by ensuring adherence to company policies, established standards and procedures.
- Participate in testing of system enhancements and changes and provide recommendations and constructive solutions for issue as that arise.
- Develop and support process improvement initiatives to enhance quality and productivity.
- Work on project initiatives and migrations as the need arises particularly for Milvu
- Design and Deliver training solutions for other "identified" Business Partner audiences within RBC Investor Services, objective being to grow Global Client Operations knowledge in other roles. To coordinate & lead SCUBA project
- Ensure that necessary controls are taken in terms of training to reduce losses and quality improvement (case sharing & best practices during training sessions, example of existing errors and losses in the team)
- Degree in Accounting, finance or any relevant field with minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in MS Office, knowledge in Excel VBA
- Knowledge in data vendors i.e. Bloomberg / Telekurs / FTID / Reuters
- Proficiency in English language (Written/Oral) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to solve problem in an effective manner
- Client focus: Planning and organization ability
- Able to work under pressure following tight deadlines and/or SLA requirements
. What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded