Assistant Manager, Desktop Engineering
Job ID: 002354
Manages and coordinates managerial activities, technical units needed to solve the Major Incident Customer Business Impact, Critical or high incidents or special requests like project escalations, special care etc. 24/7.
- Responsible for creating functional disk images - a file that contains the contents and structure of a hard drive or other data storage device
- Troubleshoot flaws causing software to malfunction by using this default image, where contains security updates and applying said image to all hard drives on the network
- Responsible for reviewing and rectifying technical issues reported by the end user. These issues could be software related, such as identifying malware, or can be related to malfunctioning hardware
- Responsible for developing and implementing a software update schedule.
- This involves using patch management and software distribution tools to ensure software updates are implemented network-wide in a timely manner involving thousands of endpoints.
- Communicate with users to identify issues and explain solutions and work with the teams towards rectification.
- A recognized Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least five (5) years' experience in Desktop management
- Extensive knowledge of popular operating systems and software is an added advantage
- Strong capability and understanding of Microsoft and Active Directory
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and understand new high technology products and services
- Innovative problem solving skills with the ability to identify problems, drive to root cause, develop, and implement solutions independently or as part of a team
- Proven ability to multitask, and work on task concurrently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills