Assistant Manager, Property Management
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
Property & Project Management
- Managing all aspects of Property Management of Manulife owned and rented properties.
- Manage multiple sites comprising of various type of properties ranging from high rise office tower buildings to low-rise stand-alone buildings, commercial and residential shop houses.
- Oversee and manage all outsource contractors and vendors to achieve effective execution of preventive and adhoc maintenance and project works.
- Liaison with relevant local authorities to obtain necessary approvals under statutory licenses and ensuring compliance in line with the Manulife requirement are met within my team members.
- Provide support in all trades to effectively maintain buildings and continually reduce defects
- Increase operational effectiveness & efficiency of buildings and infrastructure
- Directly manage portfolio facilities team
- To oversee the building operations management including housekeeping, landscaping, security, facilities, maintenance, building services and so on;
- Attend to complaints tactfully and ensure appropriate corrective action is executed promptly;
- Involve in upgrading and renovation projects of company's properties from tendering to completion stage.
- To undertake periodical physical inspections and to present to the Company reports and recommendations (if any) for all upgrading works and enhancement towards the value of the properties
- Responsible for the overall fire and safety procedures and coordination with the emergency or disaster recovery team.
- Monitor and supervise all contract services, onsite staff and service contractors including understanding of bill of quantities.
- Ensure all occupational safety and health compliance in place.
- Able to travel nationwide to all branches either planned or unplanned
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned by Management
Administration : Reporting and Financial Monitoring
- Preparation and monitoring of yearly allocated both Opex and Capex budget.
- Ensure timely renewal of service contract agreements contracts for all properties.
- Budgetary control and monitoring cost/expenses and income;
- Communicate with team members to ensure charges and other outgoings are promptly paid, collected and well-recorded;
- Generate relevant reports, checklist, and presentations to the Management when required;
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- At least 5 years experiences in a Senior Executive position handling Property Maintenance.
- Candidate preferably has experience working in Financial Institution as they would have been exposed to compliances requirements
- Knowledgeable in local government standards related to safety in an office set up
- Have experience in managing building management vendors
- Have experience managing Service Maintenance Agreement / Contracts for multiple sites
- Have experience preparing Tender exercises and preparation of yearly Budget.
- Proficient in spoken and written English & Bahasa.
- Act as an escalation contact point for internal and external building management, willingness to travel and be on 24/7 on-call during emergencies.
- Possess previous experiences in dealing with Government Authorities (Bomba, Local council, JKKP, etc)
- Engineering knowledge will be an added advantage
- Should be a self-starter with minimal supervision.
- Able to work under pressure to meet given target deadlines.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.