Chapter Lead Platform Services
About the Role
Are you looking for a challenging role in a tribe delivering transversal platform services to help our product teams deliver on their challenging objectives? Do you have a passion for infrastructure and do you want to help in bringing our services to the next level? Are you motivated by a role which mixes highly technical objectives with people management responsibilities? Maybe this open position is a match for you. Responsabilities
As the Chapter Lead, you will be responsible for building expertise and maintaining a common approach to similar activities within your chapter. You will be responsible for the staffing of the chapter, acting as a coach, building and developing chapter members, understanding and identifying their needs and implementing appropriate actions as well as organizing the resource allocation to squads within the organization.
As the leader of the chapter, you must provide technical assistance to squads, organize knowledge transfer and orchestrate the performance management for the chapter members.
As a member of a squad, you will interact with other squad members to achieve the squad objectives.
• You will work with the Platform tribe leadership to further define and implement the tribe and chapter strategy.
• As part of the strategy implementation you will help our teams to be successful on their journey to become a true agile organization through the implementation of devOps practices and principles.
• You will work with your chapter members to bring the right level of skills to the different squads your chapter is supporting
• You will take care of staffing, coaching and performance management for the members of your chapter
• You will coach the chapter member to deliver up to the highest quality levels and in line with applicable controls
• You will take an active role in one of our squads where you can use your full expert potential to help build the next generation platform services Qualifications
• Recognized as subject matter expert
• Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring technical staff
• Passionate about people management and people development
• Extensive experience of working in environments involving agile development
• Background that comprises both solid business understanding as well as high level understanding of high-quality technical product delivery
• Experience in IT infrastructure and system administration more precisely in one or multiple of the domains covered in by our platform tribe
o Virtualization technology
o RHEL OS
o SQL and no-SQL database technologies
o Container platform What we offer
SWIFT offers a motivating work environment with a structured training and development program for you and plenty of opportunities to demonstrate your personal strengths.
We put you in control of your career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself
You will work in a truly international environment with main hubs across 3 continents and since we are a relatively small company (3000 employees), we can still operate fast.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting a culture of continuous development. We support each employee to develop critical competencies in line with career aspirations and SWIFT business needs. Including online and professional courses, hands-on training, internal mobility and excellent networking opportunities. Company & department description
SWIFT does not stand still. We are constantly evolving and tirelessly innovating. Working at the intersection of finance and technology is a very exciting place to be right now.
SWIFT is transforming cross-border payments, making them faster and more transparent than ever before. We are the way the world moves value - every instant of every day, in almost every country.
We are proud that what we do has a critical impact on the global financial community and touches almost every aspect of the financial world. So, what you do at SWIFT has real impact too - an impact that matters every day. Which is why you matter to us.
Joining SWIFT gives you unparalleled exposure to knowledge, expertise and technologies. If you have what it takes, you'll be able to take on different career paths and have the opportunity to work in teams, departments and disciplines in countries around the world.