Chief Operations Officer
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
The Chief Operations Officer provides strategic operations leadership and technology management to ensure that the strategic goals and objectives of the business are met or exceeded. Responsibilities:
- Drive and execute customer experience management programs for the organization that builds on the organization's ability to achieve and sustain success.
- Define and manage strategic plan for customer-centric operations and technology services with an end-to-end view focused on effectiveness and efficiency;
- Collaborate with regional and corporate teams to deliver country value proposition to its customers.
- Establish and manage long-term relationships with customer, distributors and other service partners.
- Drive and execute underwriting, claims, customer care, policy owner services, policy conservation, development & management of offices and direct customer interactions that support the business and ensure continuous improvement of these services.
- Ensure compliance with Regional/Corporate risk management policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Lead, engage and develop people within the function.
- Maintain expense management according to approved budget.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Tertiary education
- Minimum of 15 years work experience, preferably in the insurance sector in operations in Operations with IT exposure
- 10 years of which are in progressive leadership roles in managing a sizeable team
- Training: IT Planning, service industry best practices, general IT trends and technology.
- Technical: Computer literate (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint).
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of June 30, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.