Cloud DevOps Database Services Analyst (Audit)
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Deloitte Malaysia
- 20 janv. 19
Cloud DevOps Database Services Analyst (Audit)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
The DevOps group is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. We support business-lead software development while applying strategic and approved practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
We are developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud and are building a team of top-notch DBA's to create our next generation platform.
You will be working within a portfolio of applications that utilize all levels of technology, from backend data and front-end technologies, delivered through cloud technologies such as Azure!
You will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development and product teams.
This position will work directly with agile teams and business owners on critical Deloitte projects and initiatives that are working with big data, analytics, and machine learning and require Database Hosting and Engineering services.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
- Implement solutions provided by Cloud Architects, Development Architects and Sr. DevOps team members.
- Identify and proactively make recommendations for continuous improvement on DevOps services provided.
- Document the process and tasks being taught so it can be standardized and cross trained across the team.
- Be active in the innovation required to evaluate and recommending new Cloud based technical solutions. This innovation should champion our mission of automation. Reliability engineering and making new technologies available for consumption by our development community.
- Contribute to automate DevOps DB release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps database tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Collect and format the data required for established KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to Database processes and tools.
- And other responsibilities as required.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Analysts across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field, with minimum of 5 year's enterprise related experience as a DBA administrator/engineer in 24X7 uptime. Demonstrated ability to quickly achieve a working acumen of new technologies.
- Production experience in large-scale NoSQL data infrastructures such as MongoDB, etc.
- Production experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite, Amazon RDS, etc.
- Experience creating automation for database deployment, update, backup, recovery, testing, and maintenance.
- Implement, tune and enhance functionality of database servers in an automated manner.
- Experience working in an agile development team which requires the database design and architecture to adapt to changing business needs.
- Work with other teams to troubleshoot data-related problems, find root-causes, implement solutions, and contribute to incident reports.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, comfortable in a transactional high-volume, high availability production environment.
- Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers, possessing the desire to work in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests.
- Self-reliant, self-motivated with a "can do" attitude.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided.
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports.
- Desire to grow and develop new skillsets, becoming involved with new technologies.
- Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Nice to have:
Demonstrated competencies in; system administration (Open Source Preferred), DevOps or systems knowledge, security protocols for client/server environment deployed using Cloud based IaaS and PaaS solutions on windows or Open Source platforms.
- Database experience with Cloud applications.
- Build deployments and integrations with popular scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, and/or Ruby).
- Use open-source software to build solutions, and work with the open-source community to resolve problems and improve our solutions.
- Experience with big data processing tools and when to use them.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MI66-161383-2019