About the Role
In line with team objectives, policies and procedures and under guidance of a more senior team member, to design, develop specifications, code, install, test and maintain high quality application software and associated tools. What to expect?
What will make you successful? Education & Experience
- You will design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- You will assist with the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
- You will prepare specifications, codes, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, timeframes, prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.
- You will analyze the problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
- You will provide technical assistance to other SWIFT colleagues and provide guidance to more junior team members in their daily work.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation, and prepare and give presentations to customers on systems.
- You will provide timing/scheduling estimates to project lead and propose corrective actions to timelines when necessary.
Competency Profile 1) Takes Accountability for Delivering Results
- University degree in computer science or related field
- 2 to 5 years of experience in systems development, mainly in Java
2) Demonstrates Operational Excellence
- Makes choices and decisions based on established practices and precedents; delivers results by overcoming a range of obstacles and issues and where timing may be critical.
3) Expands Knowledge
- Delivers work to agreed specifications of timeliness and quality; seeks to improve ways of doing things; sets and meets high standards for own work; demonstrates commitment to security policy
4) Business Understanding and Commercial Sense
- Continually extends specialist knowledge as a means of anticipating and preparing for changes in the business; uses a variety of methods and opportunities to learn and to exchange knowledge; encourages and facilitates development of others.
5) Builds and Reinforces Customer Relationships
- Applies understanding of how own division adds value to the business; uses knowledge of financial and business principles to deliver cost-effective solutions; adapts quickly to changes in the market, the industry and the organization while upholding standards.
6) Leads with a Team Focus
- Strengthens relationships by taking every opportunity to listen and respond to customers and adapt solutions to meet their needs; demonstrates and encourages customer focus in all relationships and activities.
7) Communicates effectively
- Initiates effective cooperation and team working with others; provides support to new team members; appreciates style and background differences; demonstrates commitment to SWIFT values.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team.
- Communicates effectively across a range of practical and operational issues; adjusts personal communication style to fit intended audience; listens to and respects other people's points of view.
Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Cellou Diallo - Engineering Lead, Data & Analytics
Ng Eng Seong - Hiring Manager
Upasana Suresh - Team Member
Lai Cheng - Recruiter What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.