E&P Contracts Researcher
The primary responsibility for the role is the entry, update and maintenance of high-quality E&P Contracts data in the company's E&P database for given Country/ies / Region. The position will work in conjunction with a designated regional team and report directly into the Global Land Organization. The E&P Contract Researcher must be able to analyze complex contract information that the Global Exploration & Production Service (GEPS) international team is receiving monthly, and also be able to enter said data into the company's database in a timely and accurate manner according to standards and business rules. The Researcher must be able to communicate well with team members to effectively coordinate the changes in the licensing situation occurring monthly for the countries that are the analyst's responsibility. The E&P Contract Researcher will also work to improve quality, resolve errors and/or work on special projects. Duties
- Responsible for current and historic entry, update and maintenance of the E&P contracts data for a given region. Includes sourcing, research, organizing, analyzing, and entry of incoming information, running of computer validation processes, troubleshooting and correction of errors
- Liaise with the designated GEPS regional team on contract data acquisition and review
- Research and accumulate E&P contract data for designated countries. The analyst will perform analysis on the data to ensure quality and accuracy before they are entered into the database
- Vital contributor to the team to achieve the highest quality of information for our clients in EDIN and GEPS
- Perform special projects involving the database as designated by the E&P Contract Director or the Regional GEPS Team
- Use of specialized tools to update and QC spatial data using GIS tools through ArcGIS
- Assist the group in analyzing, determining and communicating data needs, looking for data inconsistencies and problems
- Participate in team workflow on the GEPS report to prevent "bottlenecking" of information and assist in resolving data problems
- Actively contribute to quality control of the teams' various products, including contract data displayed on maps, monitor consistency between GEPS written information and the database
- Specific project work to improve quality of contract data
- Candidates should have a University degree in Geoscience or related field.
- Petroleum industry experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly GIS tools, Microsoft office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Curiosity, enthusiasm and strong decision making.
- Excellent QC skills and a very high attention to detail.
- Candidates shall be able to work with great enthusiasm as part of a team as well as individually.
- Ability to work with rigid deadlines under direct supervision as well as autonomously, setting priorities.
- Good communication skills and flexibility in daily work.
- Interest in new technologies and data acquisition tools.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.