Head of Customer Onboarding
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
The incumbent will be responsible for overall Operations of the Labuan entity, including Manulife Insurance Labuan Limited, case management of High Net Worth ("HNW") products i.e. Universal Life pre/post sale service transactions from the all sales and distribution channels, customer related Reporting and Policy Administration Systems. The position shall lead the operations team and ensure that we put the customer at the heart of everything we do support the distribution teams to ensure a smooth, timely, and positive service experience for the clients on new and existing contracts. Responsibilities:
• Owner of operational and client servicing processes (SOP).
• Ensure all processes and SOPs are updated when required to capture changes
• Set Service Level Agreements with Distributors and ensure they are met
• Owner of operational and administrative procedures set up with the Labuan Insurance Manager ensuring all
regulatory requirements for reporting and documentation are managed and performed in a timely manner
• Owner of client servicing responsibilities including general incoming external enquiries from policyholders and
• Owner of client servicing forms including policy application, change requests, assignments and claims
End-to-End Policy Management
• Responsible for overseeing the all service aspects of the policies throughout its lifecycle (pre- and post-sale)
• To liaise with the Sales team, Underwriting and Legal & Compliance teams to assist with understanding and
gathering of required financial and medical documents, underwriting requirements and other necessary documents.
• Responsible for ongoing, proactive status updates
• To oversee inforce requests, including policy changes, illustrations, claims and transactions.
• Ensure clear information to the respective distribution representative on the necessary requirements to allow for one-
• Responsible for monitoring of ongoing, proactive status updates.
• Accountability for the creation and compilation new business status reports to ensure consistent follow-up from team
members and accurately track incoming requests from internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure the distribution of daily/weekly/monthly reports, as required, for the tracking of outstanding issues,
submissions, feedback and overall adherence to Service Level Agreement; where management's expectations are
not met, analyse and solve
• Lead operations team to drive positive team engagement and collaboration within Manulife to deliver a better
• Set and help MILL operations team members achieve KPIs
• Work closely with Sales team to prioritize initiatives and work through challenges
• Overall case management of HNW applications which includes:
• Initial Customer due diligence
• Screening of applications and report updates - Applications are incepted on the date of premium receipt with the final
underwriting offer from the reinsurer / underwriter
• Contracts are issued upon receipt of premiums and required original documents
• Perform checks on newly issued contracts or duplicate contracts to ensure that correct documents or endorsements
are properly prepared before delivery to the clients
• Follow up with the distributor representatives on outstanding requirement from Concierge team and / or Claims on
inforce HNW policies
• Ensuring proper filing and archival of all the HNW documents received
• Handling underwriting response to & from underwriter and or Reinsurer; ensure documents received are forwarded to
the underwriter or reinsurer promptly.
• Follow up with the underwriter or reinsurer closely on each case status and update on New Business Case Tracker
• Work closely with sales team relating to HNW applications
• Source and manage external vendors as required
• Manage and maintain proper filing for medical bills and all relevant supporting documents
• Plan and manage user acceptance testing ("UAT") for error fixes and data patching, if necessary to Admin systems
• Plan, manage and / or support operational and transformation projects where required Requirements:
• Minimum Degree qualification
• 10 years in Insurance Operations function
• Team player and good interpersonal skills
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Able to build strong relationships If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.