Head of Delivery - Information Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Owns the delivery of data management / warehousing portfolio across all key Retail markets of the bank
- Drives the successful delivery of country and group level projects within the data space of Retail Banking
- Establishes and maintains strong project governance practices, leading the team and clients to implement, adopt and leverage on data integration solutions built on the bank's data platforms
- Performs requirement analysis, scoping and cost estimations for multi-year, large and complex projects based on business requirements and achievable benefits
- Creates project plans and Statement of Work for country and group level projects
- Demonstrates strong people management skills by being able to recruit, develop and retain employees effectively to maintain a world-class team
- Demonstrates solution mindset, strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Manage resource allocation plan and overall team's timesheet forecast to ensure 100% chargeability
- Provides leadership and guidance to project solution design and delivery issue resolution
- Focused on empowering direct reports and creating self-sufficient teams. Mentors and guides project managers, business analysts and developers on delivery matters
- Builds strong relationships and maintain excellent rapport with senior business and technology stakeholders across different geographic areas
- Negotiates and influences favourable outcomes through a strong orientation of win-win
- Proactively drives and manages concurrent delivery of multiple medium and large-scale projects to ensure successful completion within the agreed scope, budget, timeline and to the agreed level of quality
- Imbibes metrics culture to track progress, correct deviations and take preventive actions accordingly
- Coordinates with multiple project teams on estimation, timelines, issues and status updates. Track and monitor work so as to ensure delivery of team output in line with schedule and quality norms
- Drives quality initiatives like introduction of automated tools for improving productivity, reducing human errors, etc
- Resolves issues and perform comprehensive reviews at various stages of the project so as to identify and minimize deviations from schedule and quality.
- Contributes towards process improvement, product evolvement and knowledge management and ensure compliance process adhered
- Plans and tracks the resourcing needs for the entire project. Put a proper resource leveling in place to optimize productive/ billable utilization of resources
- Key business and stakeholder engagement and management
- Minimum 15 years working experiences in IT and management environment
- 10 years of data management / data warehouse project with project / delivery Management experience
- Fluent in English and good communication skill , organization & planning, stakeholder management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, Team Player with high energy, enjoys challenges
- Experienced in managing a sizable team of 30 - 60 individuals
- Banking domain / data management, data warehouse & ETL knowledge
- Bachelor Degree holder in Computer Science or IT equivalent
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.