Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Offering a diverse range of legal skills and jurisdictional experience across the full range of countries and territories in which our businesses operate. Group Legal plays an important role in the day-to-day and long-term planning activities of all of our businesses around the world. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all Group functions, the team advises on and takes an active involvement in all business and operational strategies and initiatives, from legislative and regulatory matters to the setting of policies, standards and procedures for guarding against and reporting on legal risk and reputational management issues.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Senior Legal Counsel. Role Purpose:
Provide legal advice, guidance and support to the / global banking transaction management experience on various matters relating to banking and financial services, and ensure that the Group's exposure to legal risk is appropriately manager.
- Contribute to the effective management of legal risk and providing timely and commercially viable legal advice to the Global function within the Bank/Group Offices.
- Reviewing of documentation to ensure that legal and regulatory risks are effectively managed and agreements are negotiated, drafted and concluded based on legally sound terms.
- Provide effective legal support in product development and enhancement as well as update of procedures relating to judicial, legislative and/or regulatory matters.
- Collaborate and liaise with other Global Functions including Regulatory Compliance, Financial Crime Compliance, Operational Risk, etc. to ensure the proactive management of risks impacting the Bank and Group.
- Assist the Global Business to remain compliant with legal risk management requirements set out in the Group Standards Manual and Legal Functional Instructional Manual (FIM).
- Collaborate and liaise with Group and Regional Legal departments on regional matters as well as sharing of best practices to ensure the proactive management of legal risk within the Group.
- Monitor, update and advise on significant legislative changes and development.
- Supervise claims against the Bank by advising the Global Business and instructing panel lawyers in litigation processes.
- Conduct legal training to the Global Business on areas of expertise as needed.
- A relevant degree in law.
- Minimum 10 years of related working experience, preferably with in-house experience and preferably in an international organization.
- Corporate background, with litigation experience a plus.
- Commercially astute with excellent command of spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Leadership, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Management experience.
- Responsible, mature individual with good analytical skills and a strong commitment to deliver within tight deadlines and able to multi-task.
- Meticulous and detail-conscious.
- Good drafting skills and clear thought process.