Manager - Data Scientist, Advisory, Performance Improvement
The EY Data and Analytics team are specialists in information management, advanced analytics and business intelligence. We implement the information-driven strategies and systems that offer the highest return on investment, profitability, and service or policy outcomes for our clients.
Our consultants work to create a lasting organisational culture that encourages people to use information and technology more creatively and more intelligently to get better business results. About You
- As a Manager in EY Data and Analytics team, you will deliver value-added services to our clients and you are required to be specialized in some or all of the following areas:
- Lead and manage all Analytics related solutions to EY clients in the APAC region.
- Develop, build and manage business pipeline and client relationships.
- Contributing your expertise to strategy and roadmaps
- Communicate effectively with the EY Partners, the team and the client regarding the progress of the project and be a role model to the team members in exhibiting the EY best practices.
At EY, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference. Client Responsibilities:
- Lead clients' engagements.
- Work effectively as a team and project director, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress.
- Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Build strong internal relationships within Ernst & Young Advisory Services and with other services lines across the organization.
- Generate new client leads by leveraging on existing relationships and building new ones
- Lead business development initiatives from leads to qualification to proposal development and client presentations.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff.
- Contribute to people-related initiatives including recruiting and retaining staff.
- Contribute, guide and develop technical and functional skills of staff.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
Other Technical Expertise
- Good degree (2:1 or above) in a highly-quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Information Engineering). PHd qualifications will have an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in formulating and solving business problems using mathematical/statistical constructs in order to derive insight into systems
- Experience in solving the above problems using at least two of the following: Python, R, SAS, SPSS, Java, MATLAB.
- Demonstrable text data analytics experiences using open source tools. Some R&D experience on text and unstructured data processing / learning is preferred. Experience in acquisition of open data, e.g. scraping.
- Demonstrable experience in performing Monte Carlo data simulation
- Some data competition experience (e.g. on Kaggle platform) and past winning records are a plus
- Familiar with dimensionality reduction and feature selection techniques.
- Familiar with SQL. Some knowledge of database systems and SAP data extraction is preferred.
- Experience in writing clean, maintainable code following good practice.
As well as the core competencies described above, the candidate must also be able to demonstrate technical depth in at least one of the following areas (or similarly-relevant):
Additional Soft Skill Requirements
- State of the art machine learning techniques, e.g. deep learning/ graph analysis / active learning / transfer learning
- Data stream mining / mobile data mining / online learning,
- Constrained optimization techniques such as integer programming, constraint programming, etc.
- Probability and random processes
- Semi-supervised / unsupervised machine learning,
- Some knowledge of big data analytics tools (e.g. Spark, Storm),
- Implementation of algorithms in production, commercial environments (server-side), including object-oriented design.
- Some knowledge of database systems and SAP data extraction is preferred.
- Technically inclined and self-driven to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- Ability to capture client business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
- Ability to articulate analytical findings to less-technical business-savvy audience
- Good problem solving skills, can work with confidence unsupervised, and able to manage multiple concurrent work streams.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Highly pragmatic, using technology to solve problems expediently.
- Ability to tactfully challenge in discussion without alienating.
We work with some of the world's most influential businesses on many of their most exciting Bigdata and IoT projects. Our sheer scale, scope and reach will provide you with the experiences, challenges and contacts that can inspire you for life
Our culture means you can succeed whatever your background, work to your natural strengths, and learn from a remarkably diverse and talented group of people in a dynamic and collaborative global business environment What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader/team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now