Manager, Financial Reporting
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 19 oct. 17 2017-10-19
Manager, Financial Reporting
The role focuses on the preparation and review of management, group, regulatory, risk, compliance and ad hoc reports. This is in addition to financial statements in a timely manner complete with analysis of significant trends and variances.
You will be involved in assisting the manager in the following areas:
- Oversee the funds transfer pricing (FTP) process, asset liability management, as well as the bank- wide budget and planning process, forecasting, competitor benchmarking.
- Focus on assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of the financial control framework in the Bank.
- Represent Finance in systems development and maintenance, active project and risk management whilst ensuring compliance to corporate governance practices and overseeing the accounts payables and fixed assets.
- Prepare and review local and group management information, country business performance, benchmarking information, asset and liability papers, risk reports, cost analytics, regulatory and statistical returns to external parties on a timely basis complete with analysis of the financial performance reported.
- Assist the manager to manage the bank's management information systems, ensuring that the integrity of financial data is maintained and that such data are available to key users on a timely basis to support decision making. Prepare and review appropriate information in order to support ALCO in the efficient management of the bank's balance sheet.
- Assist the manager to consolidate the Bank's budget and analyze the bank's budget by building relevant trends, key performance indicators and ratios, interpreting the ratios ensuring that prudential ratios are met, etc.
- Implement new regulatory requirements as required by Bank Negara. Coordinate with business managers to obtain information required by Bank Negara. Assist business to maximize the bank's profitability within the guidelines and regulations.
- Support the manager in assisting to implement the country financial control framework as required by Group's Financial Control Policies (FCP). Provide support to business in the implementation of the FCP.
- Research accounting policies, identify accounting and regulatory requirements in relation to new product programmes.
- Assist in the development of new group systems or regulatory reporting systems and maintenance/continuous development of the existing finance systems. Provide PSGL support to business in relation to queries, problem solving, training and user requirements.
- Participate in Group projects which have a financial or finance systems implications.
- Prepare and review the financial statements in accordance to local accounting standards and BNM requirements.
- Prepare the accounts of the Special Purpose Vehicle, ensuring they are in order and audited.
- Manage the migrated processes/activities to the Finance hub in Chennai by working closely and monitor the colleagues from the hub ensuring that all deliverables are completed within the deadline and accuracy levels per Service Level Agreement (SLA) with a further focus on reducing cost.
- Liaise closely with FSSC Chennai in areas related to Accounting Operations (accounts payable, fixed assets and cross border recharges) and provide guidance and assistance to achieve greater efficiency and improve processes whilst reducing cost.
- Oversee all recharges by SCOPE KL & Chennai are properly provided and settled when due. Also coordinate with FSSC Chennai that all intercompany reporting are in order in the Cartesis system. Coordinate with Regional Finance and SCOPE Finance on billing matters and booking of costs related to MBP & HSM.
- Implement the operational risk management and assurance framework. To undertake periodic compliance risk focused self-assessments, highlighting exceptions, generating accurate and timely compliance reports, assess Finance risks and develop controls to ensure that such risks are mitigated.
- Prepare and execute the Business Continuity Planning procedures for the division.
- To continuously review officer's current workflow methodology and re-engineer processes to derive optimum output.
- Responsibility also extends to activities supporting Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad.
Qualifications and Skills
- A recognized degree or a professional qualification in Accounting/ Finance
- Work experience gained in a large audit and/or consulting firm or bank is a must
- A self-starter and must be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High analytical and rationalization ability
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.