Manager Operational Management
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory MY
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 20 juil. 18 2018-07-20
Manager Operational Management
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Within HSBC Technology and Services, Global Change Delivery focuses on delivering exceptional project and programme management services to the business and enabling function, playing a critical role in aligning the Bank's change portfolio to reflect business priorities, investment parameters and resource capabilities. The division is instrumental in driving change improvements in customer experience and unit costs through automation, standardisation and optimisation of HSBC's operating model covering people, processes, products and channels.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our payments team in the role of Manager, Operational Management ( GCB 5)
- Change Execution - managing change, either internally or externally driven, on a continuous improvement basis;
- Communication - support line manager in developing and executing communication plans, with Region/Country Communications;
- Service Performance Management - support line manager in managing any "services" delivered to the business, with appropriate benchmarks, metrics and reporting on efficiency, effectiveness and success of those "services" ;
- Financial Management -support line manager in providing robust financial planning, management, tracking and reporting, with Global/Regional/Country Finance;
- Governance & Documentation - support line manager in ensuring appropriate and consistent governance is developed and implemented with robust documentation and supporting management;
- Organisational Design - support line manager maintaining and continually reviewing organisational designs;
- People - support line manager with implementing people strategies with Global/Region/Country HR;
- Project execution - support line manager with region/country specific programmes supporting Group/Region/Country COO strategic actions' execution or provide governance oversight on cross-line of Global Business / Global Functions;
Skills / Attributes
The role holder will have knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualize financial data into business activities and conclusions;
- Demonstrated business knowledge, experience of working in a global P&L unit is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to work within a matrix management structure and build and maintain regional team relationships;
- Ability to authentically engage with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace.
- Working knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- High level of personal drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across HSBC
- Ability to articulate issues concisely and in simple language to support problem analysis
- Excellent relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group
- Ability and comfort to work across cultures
- Practical experience of business transformation activities is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of HSBC structures, processes and objectives across the Group (if recruiting internally)
- Understanding of HOST or similar functions - functionally, operationally and financially
Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to graduate degree level in business management related field or associated relevant business experience
- Prior experience in banking/ financial services, ideally within a global organization.
- Proven experience in financial budgeting, project implementation, communication and people management processes
- Proven project management experience with an ability to influence at different levels
- Previous background of working in a matrix organization structure; ability to persuade individuals at different levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in English; other language abilities are advantageous