Manager, Regulatory Reporting
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory MY
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 23 juin 18 2018-06-23
Manager, Regulatory Reporting
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Manager, Regulatory Reporting
A member of the Country Finance Division's Management Team, the role focuses on delivering management, group, regulatory, risk, compliance and ad hoc reports in addition to financial statements in a timely manner, complete with analysis of significant trends and variances.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review local regulatory and statistical returns to external parties on a timely basis complete with analysis of the financial performance reported.
- Responsible in supporting regulatory return and all credit and non-credit risk reporting.
- Implement new regulatory requirements as required by Bank Negara.
- Coordinate with business managers to obtain information required by Bank Negara and others.
- Assist in the development of new group systems or regulatory reporting systems and maintenance/ continuous development of the existing finance systems.
- Provide PSGL support to business in relation to queries, problem solving, training, and user requirements.
- Analysis of significant trends and variances, key indicators.
- Participate in Group projects which have a financial or finance systems implications.
- Supporting the implementation of Basel III, Group and Local Reporting and any other new requirements
- To help raise awareness and to develop in-house expertise to keep abreast of current Financial Accounting Standards and its implications.
- Implement the operational risk management and assurance framework. To embed management of operational risk and maintain a compliance culture through undertaking periodic compliance risk focused self-assessments, highlighting exceptions, generating accurate and timely compliance reports, assess Finance risks and ensure that controls exist to mitigate them.
- To continuously review the team's current workflow methodology and re-engineer processes to derive optimum output.
- Responsibility also extends to activities supporting Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate in Finance/ Accounting or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of solid and related working experience is required.
- Working experience in banking environment and/or audit firms is required.
- Exposure to regulatory reporting and systems and good knowledge and understanding of the finance function.
- Professional qualifications in accounting/finance would have definite advantage.
- Strong communicator with analytical mindset.
Proposition - A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...