Network Operations Centre Engineer
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Experian Singapore
- 23 mai 19
Network Operations Centre Engineer
This role is within the Global Product Development (GPD) operations department which is directly responsible for operation, development and maintenance of global Experian Data Quality SaaS technical services and infrastructure.
The department is responsible for a number of business functions:
Network Operations Centre (NOC)
Working with the global Experian Data Quality business, this group, consisting of NOC Engineers and Incident Managers, provides support for all our global SaaS products/services and their 24x7x365 operation across internationally distributed data centres. The team also actively works with local/global architecture and development teams to provide input on design and operations.
On-going support of IT and Product services required by the global QAS business, providing 2nd and 3rd line technical support for internal teams in accordance with agreed SLAs, and providing technical consultation and leadership for the design and implementation of new IT services.
Provides consultation, strategy and support for the effective management of information security in the global QAS business; working with the business units to ensure we meet the highest possible standards, with direct responsibility for ISO 27001 certification and standards.
This is the service desk for the global product development group, working with our regional customer-facing support teams to provide 3rd line support for international QAS products and services.
Working with our third party/internal data suppliers to generate and co-ordinate distribution of regular data file updates in the format used by our products and services.
As an Experian NOC Engineer, you will be one of a team of NOC Engineers to provide 24/7/365 monitoring and support of our SaaS platform (The technology stack is heterogeneous, including Windows Server, MSSQL and various flavours of Linux both within our own data centres, and data centres supplied by third parties).
The Experian NOC team consists of NOC Incident Managers and NOC Engineers who:
• Actively monitors and supports the Experian Infrastructure
• Reactively resolves any incidents which occur and ensure these are responded to promptly, professionally and within agreed Service Level Agreements.
• Proactively performs scheduled changes within specified Maintenance Windows ensuring the Experian Infrastructure is always up to date and running at optimum efficiency.
• Monitor the Experian Data Quality Infrastructure using a variety of tools and react to resolve any alerts which may arise.
• Work as part of a team to record, investigate and resolve any incidents ensuring that strict Service Level Agreements are met at all times.
• Escalate any incidents that cannot be resolved within specified times frames to the relevant Engineering/Development groups and work with them as a team until the incident is resolved.
• Create documentation and record steps taken towards the resolution of an incident and add this to the knowledge database for future referral.
• Actively manage, participate in, and suggest, projects to improve the environment.
• Ensure the upkeep and continuous improvement of the Experian Infrastructure by performing periodic maintenance.
• Be the first point of contact for any Customer related problems which are raised via the internal Sales and Support teams.
• Drive personal development by staying current with both internal and external solution developments.
• Create and Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external
• Ensure efficient and effective flow of information between shifts during shift handovers.
• Ability to work 12 hour night or 12 hour day shifts as part of a 24/7 shift rota is essential.
• Customer focused: Identifies, anticipates and meets customers' needs by building productive customer relationships and providing solutions that increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Communication: Expresses thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner and provides information in a way that considers the needs of the recipient. Knows how to create a win/win scenario. Demonstrates articulate and persuasive written and verbal communication in English.
• Builds credibility and trust: Adheres to Experian's values and high ethical standards of behaviour by demonstrating respect, honesty, consistency, integrity and fairness when interacting with others.
• Innovation: Applies new ideas and approaches to enhance processes, practices, products, services and systems, and improve service delivery. Enhances performance by doing something that may be new and different. Is agile and draws upon experiences in unrelated areas to create breakthrough solutions. Works effectively in an environment of change.
• Drive for performance (persistence): Recognizes and acts upon present opportunities. Demonstrates perseverance to ensure performance standards aren't compromised and are reached at the expected level. Reacts positively to changes and maintains poise, focus and flexibility when encountering difficulties or obstacles.
• Build partnerships: Takes personal responsibility to establish and build rapport with others. When required, resolves needs/concerns of customers (internal and external), making realistic commitments and following through. Maintains clear communication regarding mutual expectations and keeps others up to date about progress on issues/projects. Reacts professionally to internal or external issues and deals promptly and undefensively with problems as they are presented.
• Initiative: Takes independent and decisive action in a crisis or impending risk situation, taking whatever steps are necessary to achieve results. Actively seeks to solve business issues rather than waiting to be asked and finds ways around obstacles. Analyses problems and makes decisions: Commits to a course of action after identifying and assessing alternatives based on logical facts, resources, constraints and Experian values.
• Collaboration/teamwork - Shares all relevant information to keep people up to date of own activities. Recognizes that diverse perspectives bring added value to the creation of new products and service solutions. Effectively manages information sharing across different time zones.
• Passion for learning: Possesses an ability to actively pursue development opportunities
• Results generated from the NOC Performance Report (Quality, Time to resolve, time to notify, % of incidents resolved within the NOC etc.).
• Achievement of Operations Service Level Agreement targets.
• Successful implementation of projects to improve the NOC Environment.
• Creation of knowledge base articles and documentation.
• Monitoring effectiveness (Improvements, time to identify and resolve alerts).
• Efficient and effective flow of information between shifts.
• 2-5 years' experience in an IT Administration, Value Added Services, Service Operations or Network Operations setting.
• Proven track record and experience of working in a high availability 24*7 environment
• Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, Linux (Ubuntu, Suse, CentOS, Debian), MSSQL, networking technology and email systems.
• Experience with Internet technologies (Mail: SMTP, POP, IMAP ; Web: HTTP, HTTPS ; DNS)
• Good communication skills and a positive attitude in stressful situations are essential.
• Post-secondary diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or a related discipline.