Portfolio Manager/Research Analyst
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory MY
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 17 juil. 18 2018-07-17
Portfolio Manager/Research Analyst
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a Portfolio Manager/Research Analyst to join the Emerging Markets team based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This role will manage assets (small to medium and/or less complex accounts) or assist senior managers with major accounts and work under the direction of management or senior portfolio managers with limited guidance. The incumbent will work very closely with sales teams (institutional and retail) and have research responsibilities.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Portfolio Management
- Actively manage assigned portfolios, including maintaining portfolios and appropriate models
- Participate in investment research meetings
- Participate in the decision making process with respect to Portfolio Management
- Assist traders in initiating trades and trade strategies
- Perform fundamental research on assigned sectors/companies
- Prepare of initiating reports on prospective investments
- Prepare of quarterly updates and ongoing analysis of investments
- Client Servicing
- Help prepare regular and ad-hoc client reporting
- Attend client meetings to discuss investment performance and general economic trends
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA is preferred
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in research and/or portfolio management
- Language skills in English and Bahasa Melayu is essential
- Proficient in portfolio management accounting and reporting software systems such as Advent-Axys
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Self-starter who is able to work independently
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to multitask
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Well versed with Computer applications - power point, excel, word, outlook etc.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.