Product Owner - Market and Data Insight
About the Role
SWIFT is looking for an experienced Product Owner / Product Manager to lead the Market and Data Insights Squad within the Data & Analytics tribe. It is a multidisciplinary Agile Squad of 12 close-knit members working on leveraging SWIFT data solutions to support internal and external stakeholders with expert market and data insights. What to Expect
- The ideal candidate would have a strong business understanding of SWIFT flows mainly in Payments but also in Trade Finance, Securities and Foreign Exchange. He/she would support/grow its squad members to unveil new and actionable data insights out of our SWIFT Business Intelligence solutions.
- Conduct strategic reviews of new business trends in the industry (market shifts, events, regulations, ...) and explore how SWIFT Business Intelligence can support the community further (including thought leadership).
- Leading teams working with the Agile Methodology. Such individual would be excited to dream about a vision for the squad and share this vision with all involved parties with passion.
- The team being multidisciplinary - From product management to stakeholder management, and from in-depth analysis to thought leadership. A key quality is to be able to practice active listening to customer requirements and calibrate well business expertise within Squad members for a collaborative approach to deliver best in class analyses.
- Expectation to challenge the status quo by constantly aiming to improve how things are done and would have a great passion for innovation.
- As the human aspect of Agile methodology is key, the ideal candidate would show strong signs of empathy towards his/her peers and would genuinely be interested in the growth and happiness of his/her fellow Squad members.
Career Growth and Exposure
What will make you successful
- To this ideal candidate, SWIFT proposes the leadership of a close-knit team of individuals working on leveraging SWIFT data solutions to support internal and external customers with expert market and data insights.
- Be the universal responsible person for the deliveries distributed to external customers and internal /external stakeholders.
- Be responsible to maintain the product roadmap and backlog prioritisation, as well as organise the quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) for the Squad to have clear direction on delivering customer value aligning with the overall strategy of SWIFT.
- Interact frequently with the stakeholders representing the customers to understand and clarify their needs.
- Brainstorm within the Squad to find the best way to answer to those needs and to prioritise them.
- Provide in-depth analysis to support strategic initiatives and business decision making.
- To have a very tangible impact on the growth of the Squad members by understanding their strength and interest allowing them to have the opportunity to perform their best. At the same time, manage resources and balance capacity of the Squad.
- Be able to leverage specific skills in terms of organization and structure of work, conceptual thinking, project management with some autonomy, pro-active mindset and open communication.
- Understand and summarize complex business situations.
- Being a self-driven, motivated and purpose-led individual: The Product Owner, from the interactions with the Squad and stakeholders needs to become the embodiment of a vision for the squad. Being passionate is key to get everyone on board.
- Being able to drive key objectives supporting the vision and define and apply strategies to get to the expected results.
- Clear understanding of the Agile Methodology and proven experience working in teams making use of it.
- While the Product Owner will join a Squad of people proficient in the Agile methodology and is supported by Agile Coaches, having a clear and firm understanding of what the Agile methodology means is an absolute necessity to understand how to drive the Squad properly and swiftly.
- The candidate must have an innovative mindset, be willing to challenge the status-quo and support the Squad members to give the best of themselves to produce high-quality results.
Technical and Business Knowledge
Candidates with the following will have an added advantage in their application for the role
- Good communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams including perfect verbal and written communication in English
- Experience in using big data tools such as MicroStrategy and Tableau in order to gain insight
- A good understanding of macroeconomics related to the financial industry
- Very good knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel and Powerpoint).
- Accurate, quality driven and sense of numbers.
- Team player with personal drive.
- Case Management - JIRA
- Documentation - Confluence
- Experience in making high-level and detailed plans, reviewing them, editing them and sharing them with interested parties
- Experience in capturing customer requirements
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Tan Mern Jie - Product Manager (Hiring Manager)
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.