Project Manager - Data Governance
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 20 avr. 19
Project Manager - Data Governance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Bank has a number of requirements that involve (i) the understanding of what our data stands for i.e. the English description, (ii) which systems contain that data i.e. the various sources a customer name resides in and (iii) where it is physically located inside those systems i.e. the actual technical name of that field in the system.
These requirements originate from various policies across the organisation:
- Group Data Quality Management Policy and Standards
- Group Data Privacy
- Group Policy on Information and Cyber Security
- Group Records Management Policy
In order to comply to the various policies, work is required to be performed by both the business and partnering technology team to understand and document the metadata of interest.
The role of the Project Manager - Data Governance is to manage the end-to-end delivery of the metadata documentation initiative:
- Coordinate and deliver bank-wide metadata documentation to meet the data management requirements for data quality, data privacy, information and cyber security and records management
- Engage with senior stakeholders and internal teams across business, technology, and functions to clearly outline initiative approach, tools, process and resources required to deliver the metadata documentation to meet the relevant compliance requirements
- End-to-end IT Project Delivery: planning, engagement, coordination, tracking and project status reporting in accordance to relevant project management standards in the Bank
- Coordinate and implement relevant toolset required to support the metadata documentation
- Stakeholder & Dependency Management: develop communication and engagement plan, understand and track key project dependencies and achieve buy-in from senior stakeholders on critical delivery items
- Financial Budget Responsibility: manage financials through detailed planning, budgeting and actuals tracking, tracking of invoices and timesheets and liaison with finance team to ensure project spending within budget.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Preferably PMP certified
- 7+ years of Project Management experience in the context of large, financial services organizations
- Good understanding of data management, information security concepts and the challenges around enterprise-wide data gathering initiatives and associated data quality concerns
- Experience with the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks
- Appreciation and knowledge of key regulatory requirements around information and cyber security, privacy and data quality management
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, strong attention to details
- A team leader that is willing to take ownership and drive complex change
- Excellent learning agility to learn and master new knowledge domain
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.