Regional Tax Controller, Manager
As part of our regional Global Services team across Asia Pacific you will be working with colleagues in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia and teaming with our Global Delivery Services (GDS) Hubs in Bangalore and Manila. As a Manager in our Global Services team, you'll work hand in hand with our Global Account Leaders and tax and accounting/finance professionals to help manage our clients' compliance and reporting needs.
Our Direct Tax Compliance and Reporting team work closely with the group tax function of MNCs across different industries, acting as the primary point of contact and developing trusted business relationships. Your role is akin to a Regional Tax Controller where you will need to manage and coordinate the delivery of tax services by EY teams in the region. You will need to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships both internally and externally with clients to help ensure that the services delivered to clients by our offices are of the highest standards and are done on time.
We provide clients with global tax insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative and business changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value.
Our unique position enables the team to build a wide network across EY service lines and countries as we bring together all of EY's services and expertise available to meet our client's needs. We work exclusively on large, multi-country compliance engagements, providing the opportunity to work with some of EY's most complex corporate clients and giving a continued opportunity to learn and develop. The opportunity
In rapidly a changing world and tax environment, make a career choice which will build your skills for a digitally enabled tax industry and future-proof your career.
You will be responsible for ensuring the team work together to ensure delivery timelines are met, identifying risks from major legislative or business changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value. You will be working with teams on established accounts, seeking process improvement opportunity in both EY and Client processes and implementing services for new clients. Lastly, you will also be involved in the transition of tax services to EY from other services providers including the implementation of a different tax operating model. If you have a keen interest in tax processes and technology, you will have the opportunity to use these skills on a daily basis as we increasingly use technology to improve tax processes as well as continuing to develop your tax accounting and direct tax knowledge. Your key responsibilities
• Implement and transition new engagements and seek process improvement opportunities on exiting engagements
• Delivering on key milestones as part of largescale transformation projects
• Working as part of pursuit teams
• Primary point of contact for clients, connecting our clients to EY subject matter specialists
• Maintaining quality standards
• Developing and coaching the team, managing account resourcing, budget and delivery
• Escalation point for client and EY teams Skills and attributes for success
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment To qualify for the role, you must have
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or professional accounting qualification (CTIM, ACCA, CPA, ICAEW) is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years corporate tax experience (any country) through working in a professional tax firm and/or being part of a group tax reporting/ tax function in a MNC
• Experience coaching and developing junior staff with a track record of managing teams
Must be independent and able to deal with ambiguity and complexity, client focused, and result-oriented
• Ability to manage budgets and time to deliver a quality output
• Experience working with tax technology tools, ERP systems and/or analytics Ideally, you'll also have
Broad understanding of corporate income tax compliance (typically this will be based on the legislation of your country) Excellent project management skills and highly organised Basic awareness of other services delivered including transfer pricing, Indirect Tax Compliance, Financial Statement Close Process Experience being part of a tax reporting function or working on tax reporting/accounting projects with a strong understanding of key tax accounting concepts covering IFRS and/or US GAAP Experience of working with shared service centres desirable but not essential Experience of finance transformation desirable but not essential What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now