Regulatory Compliance Senior Staff Officer
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 16 déc. 17 2017-12-16
Regulatory Compliance Senior Staff Officer
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk
team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
The role of the Compliance function is to provide advice and support to line management to manage and contain compliance risks. Clear and open communication between line management and the Compliance function is therefore highly important. The Compliance function consists of:
- The Compliance team, under the supervision of the Area Compliance Officer & Company Secretary, Malaysia, and;
- Compliance Officers (Local Compliance Officers and Local Compliance Representatives) at the businesses and support functions.
- Consolidate and prepare half-yearly Compliance Certificates and annual Compliance Plans for reporting to regional Compliance (APH CMP) and monitor completion of compliance monitoring and reviews by local CMP against the Compliance Plans.
- Monitor and follow-up on escalation of compliance exceptions by business to local CMP/ APH CMP and implementation of remedial action. Ensure compliance exceptions and remedial action are reported and updated in the Group Compliance database.
- Consolidate and prepare reports for HSBC Malaysia (HBMY) and Group entities for regulators, regional/ Group Compliance, Board, Board Committees and senior management as required pursuant to regulations or for risk management reporting.
- Monitor the aggregation of shares held by HSBC Holdings plc and submit the necessary forms to the relevant regulators and companies. Assist in the administration of the Staff Dealing Rules for HBMY and relevant Group entities. Monitor and follow-up on compliance by HBMY and relevant Group entities with share dealing restrictions and reporting of dealings.
- Maintain registers of outsourcing agreements, new products, marketing materials and incentive schemes approved by CMP. Maintain and monitor records of compliance by businesses with BNM's approval conditions.
- Maintain and monitor records of compliance and AML training conducted by CMP.
- Maintain updated Compliance Charts and Desk Instruction Books for HBMY and relevant Group entities setting out applicable regulations and corresponding procedures for compliance for all businesses and functions.
- Maintain and administer intranet sites for Compliance, AML and Company Secretary.
- Assist in monitoring CMP's monthly expenses, management of recharges and preparation of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Assist the Assistant Company Secretary in providing support to the Board of Directors and senior management of Group companies through arrangements made for Board and Committee meetings, booking meeting rooms and facilities, preparing agendas, circulating papers in a timely manner, maintenance of accurate and complete statutory records on the Group Corporate Database, timely filing of statutory returns with Companies Commission of Malaysia and other regulatory bodies, and assisting in the preparation of meetings papers and memoranda to the Board of Directors and their Committees.
- Preferably possess a tertiary qualifcation in related discipline;
- Strong understanding of Compliance function, controls and risk management framework;
- Working experience in legal or accounting background would b an advantage;
- Possess strong PC skills in Excel, PowerPoint and is IT savvy to administer the intranet;
- Good knowledge of external regulations and directives as well as internal policies, to know how these apply to the business and to balance the requirements with the business demands;
- Meticulous and have an eye for detail;
- Minimum 3 to 5 year experience in a financial institution control function;
- Stong interpersonal and communication skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to details;
- Flexible and ability to organise/prioritise;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- A team worker with ability to work independently;
- Excellent command of English (both written and spoken).