Research and Analysis Associate Director
PEP Associate Director Summary
The PEP program develops conceptual designs and costs for processes used in the chemical and energy industries. This position is required to provide in-depth knowledge of mature and developing Chemical Technologies, in organic/inorganic chemistries, renewable and clean-tech areas, and other aspects critical to process evaluation and economics. General Job Duties:
Specific Job Duties:
- Produce scheduled reports and reviews needed to support program commitments
- Participate in consulting projects as needed
- Develop new ideas for report topics
The candidate is expected to analyze and research chemical technologies independently or with minimum support of senior colleague. Of importance is the ability to evaluate, scrutinize and conclude the techno-economic performance of a technology from public sources. Report writing and command of the English language is of importance to articulate the findings.
The Scope report will typically contain:
- Patent and literature research
- Information to provide design basis for process technologies to be covered in report
- Develop conceptual process designs for mature and developing technologies and the in-house PEP knowledge-base for processes
- Simulate the process either in a commercial simulator like AspenTech, Promax, Protreat, etc. or generate a heat and mass balance using general tools.
- Construct PFDs of the technology from known literature sources.
- Compare results against other available technologies and draw conclusions
- Presentation of work in a clear, concise report
Participate in consulting projects utilizing deep understanding of chemical technology, to answer specific questions for clients. For this activity the following skills are critical:
- Effective communication skills including ability to develop presentation of findings suitable for upper management review.
- Ability to interact with the client, either internal or external, and identify the critical elements that need to be examined from a process standpoint.
- Successfully participate on cross-program teams
Other additional scope may include:
- Thought Leader of certain Process Technology Developments
- Conference participation/invitations to speak
- Write papers for industry journals
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- 15 years or more in fundamental industrial chemical process research and assessment
- A strong understanding of Chemistry is a must; additional information related to catalysts is a plus
- 5 or more years of experience in industrial organic chemistry research and publications and technology evaluation roles is expected
- Experience performing process economic evaluations
- Highly proficient use of internet search engines and other online technical databases for patent and literature searches is required
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience that indicates the ability to quickly learn and summarize and utilize extremely complex information
- Strong interpersonal skills and maturity to be able to work with global teams
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.