Security, Risk & Compliance Consultant
Are you a Security, Risk, and Compliance specialist who can address the challenges of migrating systems and workloads to the Cloud? Are you skilled at helping customers and partners address their information security requirements using Cloud computing architectures? Do you want to learn the very latest in Cloud services and apply that knowledge to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for businesses around the world. At AWS, we are hiring highly technical Cloud Security, Risk, and Compliance Consultants.
Your mandate will be to help our partners and our customers with their Cloud migrations. Our Security, Risk, and Compliance consultants will deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, and conduct customer/partner workshops. AWS consultants will collaborate with customers and partners to address the security, risk, and compliance needs of their AWS migrations.
This role will specialize in all aspects of information security management as well as business and regulatory compliance using cloud services in large-scale computing environments.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Solution Design - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. Activities include participating in pre-sales, understanding customers' security, risk, and compliance requirements, and providing advice on solution design.
• Implementation - Working together with our partners, provide advisory services to our customers on the implementation of robust security, risk, and compliance solutions for their Cloud migrations.
• Insights - Work with AWS Engineering, Support and Business Development teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
• Long term development of large, complex, and distributed enterprise organizations
• Engage with customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio
• Development of long term Cloud Strategy for customers
• Identify & develop specific opportunities and supporting business cases
• Deal shaping, including estimations and deal pricing
• Contract negotiations & closing
• Planning and implementation of a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities
• Mitigation of delivery risks & issues
• Overseeing delivery of projects in account, ensuring high quality delivery
• Act as single person of contact for Customer executives, developing deep, trustful relations
• Educate customers on AWS services and translate those into a clear business value proposition
• Envision and inspire customers
• Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred;
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Aptitude for providing consulting services
• Experience with the audit and logging requirements of large enterprises
• Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
• Experience implementing security controls around ERP packages including SAP, Oracle
• Experience advising customers on architectures meeting industry standards such as SAS70, SOC1, FISMA, etc.
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST
• Implementation experience with enterprise security packages identity management and federation systems
• 10+ years experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong Program Management capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Prior involvement in regulated industries and satisfying Risk and Compliance needs
• Proven track record of successful consulting engagements
• Experience with Internet-related business models
• Implementation experience with AWS services
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
** For more information about AWS Security and Compliance, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/security