Senior Audit Manager, Retail, Private Banking, Wealth Mgmt & ASA Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
- To undertake portfolio risk assessment work and assist Head of Audit for Retail, PB, WM (RPW) and ASA Technology in the development and maintenance of the strategic audit plan for RPW Technology.
- To oversee the execution of the audit plan.
- To provide assurance as needed to senior managers of the Group that the processes and controls by means of which the business is managed are appropriate to the task and functioning effectively.
- To maintain stakeholder relationships with the purpose of understanding the respective businesses, identify emerging risks and advise GIA hotspot concerns.
- To maintain a working relationship with senior business management in Technology & Operations to develop a deep understanding of business strategy, plans, performance, risk and issues.
- To maintain up-to-date information on the area of responsibility, provide expert audit advice and ad hoc value added services to Project management as deemed appropriate from time to time.
- To develop a robust risk assessment process and oversee its implementation.
- To work with the Technology and Operations Functional team to formulate a robust and flexible Technology and Operations Audit Strategic Plan.
- To be responsible for the rigour of the audit plan, in terms of the balance of business and professional input, and its flexibility to cope with changing risk profiles. To ensure that audit delivery and rating comply with Group standards across the area of responsibility.
- To review all terms of reference and audits reports for the area of responsibility to ensure consistent quality and timeliness.
- To ensure High and Medium audit issues are appropriately tracked and followed up.
- To identify and escalate significant issues.
- To facilitate best practice transfer both within the business line and within the audit teams.
- To provide strategic guidance and technical expertise to the team leaders and audit teams undertaking ITSD audits.
- To provide technical coaching to auditors and guests.
- To manage small, professional audit teams in the field when undertaking role of Team Manager / Leader.
- To mentor assigned staff within the International team.
- At least 10 years of technology audit experience, including application audits, and supervising and leading audits.
- Knowledge on Banking controls and processes.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with an ability to influence and an ability to gain the respect of senior management, regional stakeholders, peers and their teams.
- Confident and courageous to raise/escalate issues in a pro-active, professional and timely manner.
- Highly credible with their counterparts in the business.
- Up to date with developments within their area of expertise.
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification (e.g. credit, trade finance etc.) where appropriate.
- Ability to perform role of "Change Leader".
- University degree and professional certification (such as CISA, CISSP, or CISM) preferred.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to commit about 15% business travel.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.