Senior Data Analyst
About the Role
The Data and Analytics Tribe is recruiting a Senior Data Analyst to deliver business value from data. You will achieve this by understanding business requirements, analysing data, presenting data insights and reports. You will also develop data led improvements to products, translating business needs and requirements into descriptive or predictive analysis, functionalities and product specifications, driving true value to our customers.
This is a unique opportunity for a fast learner, self-motivated and customer-oriented professional to develop data analytics and business skills in a dynamic environment. What to expect
What Will Make You Successful
- Work as part of an agile team towards providing quality findings through data and analysis.
- Utilise programming skill such as Python and SQL in designing analysis and statistical models.
- Engage stakeholders and agile team members as data champion in guiding and leading work related to data science and analysis.
- Your deep understanding of the business and/or market, combined with the technical understanding of the data models supporting current products/services, you will provide business insights and contribute to the improvement of our products and solutions.
- You have a good understanding of Data Science tools and techniques and their relative strengths and weaknesses. You support the creation of descriptive and predictive analysis and help to interpret the results.
- Through iterative collection, analysis and visualisation of data, you can easily explain complex business matters.
- You advise on how data might best be presented, structured and standardised. You contribute to the improvement of data analytics systems and platforms.
- Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics. Candidate with Master qualifications is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of which at least 3 years in a similar environment.
- Analytical mind and business acumen. Experience in the finance / banking industry is a plus.
- Proven experience in using multiple data science methodologies in solving complex business problems.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.)
- Experience with data scripting (e.g. SQL, Python, R) and data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Microstrategy).
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Good communication and facilitation skills. Able to deliver key messages to Senior Management in a precise manner.
- Proactive and able to adapt quickly to changes and new priorities
- Good team player, and also must have the ability to work independently.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Caroline Dozin - Data Analysts Chapter Lead (Hiring Manager)
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.