Senior Java Developer
About the Role
SWIFT is transforming cross-border payments, making them faster and more transparent than ever before. We are the way the world moves value - every instant of every day, in almost every country. We are proud that what we do has a critical impact on the global financial community and touches almost every aspect of the financial world. We are a company of 3000 diverse and talented people on a mission to innovate global payments.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work on the evolution of a solution processing foreign exchange transactions. The solution ensures foreign exchange confirmations are routed correctly in order to be settled on a critical market infrastructure. You will participate in the delivery and maintenance of the system, as well as contributing towards your team's capacity and technical capabilities.
The Tech Stack:
Our application is a time critical system with full replication and data consistency built into it. At its core, our application uses Java and Oracle SQL DB. It runs in the SWIFT data centres as part of our mission critical messaging systems. The application works in tandem with other SWIFT applications. Input and output data flows are managed by Oracle Advanced Queueing while observability and monitoring of the application is provided by integration with operational tools. What to expect?
What will make you successful?
- Work with other Engineers to design, develop, and test software with a focus on security and performance.
- Collaborate with different roles as part of an agile team.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- Perform software delivery tasks such as builds and installations of releases.
- Use your experience to coach and guide junior developers in the team.
- Improve and enhance our internal pipelines and automation.
- A degree in Computer Science (Software Engineering) with 7+ years' experience in a software development role.
- Good understanding of Linux based systems.
- Practical knowledge of design principles and experience in writing clean, testable and maintainable code.
- Remarkable coding skills in Java and Oracle DB queries.
- The command line terminal isn't a scary place: You are at ease working with shell scripts on a Linux environment
- Quality-oriented: You know that delivering production-ready software takes more than committing code.
- Agile mind-set: You like to learn and continuously improve the way we work
- Appetite for the business: you like technology and you love to use it to create solutions to help your customers.
- Team-oriented: You take pride from team achievements and are ready to support and be supported by your team-mates.
- Very good communication skills, including remote meeting setups.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Alfred Sri Dar - Engineering Chapter Lead
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.