Senior Manager- Data Governance
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 16 janv. 19
Senior Manager- Data Governance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered Group and its Subsidiaries require accurate, complete, reliable and timely data in support of conduct objectives, risk management, regulatory reporting, customer experience, MIS/ business decision making and analytics.
The Data Quality Management Policy and Standards must be embedded into the Operational Risk Type Framework (ORTF) and governed through the process universe for each of the roles defined within this policy (Data Domain Owner, Data Set Custodian and Downstream Process Owner). These roles must ensure that the following are in place:
- Data Documentation: Data must be clearly defined and understood, before it is utilised in any process.
- Data quality controls: The Data Quality controls, as defined in the Standards, must be adopted to ensure confidence in the quality of data for the Bank's requirements and external commitments.
- Data Governance: Data quality issues must follow the ORF process through Process Governance or Operational Risk committees.
As the Second Line of Defence (2LoD), the role of CDO to provide challenge, guidance, and oversight over the 1LoD, set policies that 1LoD must adhere to, asset overall risk levels relating to non-PRTs and engage with 1LoD for timely risk reducing actions, and confirm the effectiveness of the Data Quality Management Policy to the GHOR.
The role of Senior Manager - Data Governance is expected to provide 2LoD oversight over the Technology and Innovation function through the following responsibilities:
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in Data Quality Management Policy and Standard in order to operate effectively as Second Line of Defence
- Provide challenge, guidance and oversight over the Technology and Innovation function with respect to adherence to DQM Policy and Standards where Technology is the business owner of the systems and processes, this includes (but not limited to) RDM, EDMp, Metadata management tools, OneCert and CMDB
Establish Data Domain Owner in T&I
- Coordinate the establishment and formalisation of Data Domain Owner in Technology and Innovation
- Coordinate the creation and sign-off of the T&I domain metadata catalogue and data domain roadmap
- Operationalisation of DDO responsibilities
Enhancement of T&I processes to support DQMF
- Coordinate and track the enhancement implementation of Service Level Management and Change Management processes to support DQMF requirements
- Report progress and timely escalation to appropriate governance forum
Enhancement of Bank's Project Management Standard (PMS)
- Support the Head of Technology Data Governance to recommend, design and embed appropriate controls in PMS to support DQMF
- Engage with relevant stakeholders across the Group to effectively implement and govern the adherence of data governance controls in PMS
DQMF Governance through Technology Non-Financial Risk Committee (TNFRC)
- Support the Head of Technology Data Governance to prepare data governance materials for TNFRC
- Follow-up on relevant TNFRC actions
Our Ideal Candidate
- 10+ years of technology policy and risk management experience in the context of large, financial services organizations
- Good understanding of data management, information security concepts and the challenges around enterprise-wide data gathering initiatives and associated data quality concerns
- Experience with the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks
- Appreciation and knowledge of key regulatory requirements around information and cyber security, privacy and data quality management
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, strong attention to details
- Take ownership and initiative to drive complex change
- Excellent learning agility to learn and master new knowledge domain
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.