Senior Manager, Product Development & Management
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The incumbent is responsible for driving the Company's product/proposition strategy and supporting the Company's product delivery strategy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drive direction on product/proposition by providing insights into consumers / distributors / competitors / regulatory-related changes & requirements / other markets, ideas generation, feasibility (system / financials / competitors) evaluation and conversion of ideas into product design.
2. Develop a centralized database of latest market insights, competitors' product offerings, propositions, marketing & sales campaigns for proactive management of competitions.
3. Support delivery of products as per the Product Development Process defined by PSC (Product Steering Committee) and in accordance with the schedules set in product calendar. Follow up on post-launch review/monitoring and provide recommendation for potential enhancements.
4. Provide on-going support to all distributions (internal and external stakeholders) in all matters related to products.
• Degree in Actuarial Science is preferable.
• At least 10 to 12 years of working experience in the insurance industry, preferably in the areas of product development, actuarial and product marketing.
• Insurance industry experience is a must to understand the market and to find innovative solutions.
• Must be able to communicate with all the various stakeholders of the company to champion the new and existing products.
• Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• Insurance product knowledge, with good fundamentals of the various product structures/ platforms and well-versed with the product development process.
• Actuarial (not necessary but is an added advantage).
• LOMA (not necessary but is an added advantage).